unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* guile-g-golf installation prevents Ubuntu login
@ 2023-12-14  8:19 Mortimer Cladwell
From: Mortimer Cladwell @ 2023-12-14  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Ubuntu 23.10
guile-g-golf 0.8.0-a.1

Hi,
I guix package -i guile-g-golf then from the examples directory try:

guix shell --pure --no-grafts guile guile-g-golf gtk@4 -- ./hello-world.scm

Compiles without errors but nothing happens - no error messages, no gui.

Furthermore I shut down for the day, next day I can't login to Ubuntu. I
enter login password, screen freezes for about a minute then returns me to
the login prompt. I go to a terminal, futz around for a couple of days and
end up doing a full reinstall of Ubuntu as I did not make the connection
with the installation of g-golf (through guix).

Second time I make the connection, uninstall g-golf at a terminal - can
login.
It's repeatable - install g-golf - can't login, uninstall can login.

Anyone know what is going on?
Thanks
Mortimer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-12-14  8:19 UTC | newest]