unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* guix environment with channels?
@ 2019-03-05  7:20 John Soo
From: John Soo @ 2019-03-05  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi guix,

I was going to do some development recently and wanted to use some packages from a channel. I have it listed as a channel under ~/.config/guix/channels.scm so I added some packages from the channel to a scheme file but guix environment -l my-file.scm told me there was no code for my channel modules. Is this intended?

Thanks!

John

* Re: guix environment with channels?
@ 2019-03-05  7:31 ` Pierre-Henry F.
From: Pierre-Henry F. @ 2019-03-05  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jsoo1, help-guix

Did you try "guix pull" before?
PH

Envoyé depuis ProtonMail mobile

From: John Soo @ 2019-03-05 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre-Henry F.; +Cc: help-guix

Thanks PH,

Yes I have pulled. I installed the packages I wanted  in my user profile to get around the issue.

John

@ 2019-03-11 16:11 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-03-11 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Soo; +Cc: help-guix

Hi John,

John Soo <jsoo1@asu.edu> skribis:

> I was going to do some development recently and wanted to use some
> packages from a channel. I have it listed as a channel under
> ~/.config/guix/channels.scm so I added some packages from the channel
> to a scheme file but guix environment -l my-file.scm told me there was
> no code for my channel modules. Is this intended?

No.  Could it be that you’re running a ‘guix’ command different from the
one ‘guix pull’ produced?

Does ‘guix describe’ show your additional channel?

HTH,
Ludo’.

* Re: guix environment with channels?
@ 2019-03-12 15:23   ` John Soo
From: John Soo @ 2019-03-12 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: help-guix

Thanks Ludo!

Here's the error, environment file, and guix describe output:
https://paste.debian.net/1072838/

guix package -s ghc-aeson-1.4.2.0 shows it is indeed a package in the
system.

Thanks again,

John

@ 2019-03-12 15:26     ` John Soo