unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* ttyS0
@ 2018-03-20 23:08 Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2018-03-20 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I have this couple of lines in my configuration

    (service agetty-service-type
         (agetty-configuration (tty "ttyS0")))

When I launch the VM I see a lot off stuffff scrolling on ttyS0

But then, when I try to login, I get these error messages

-bash: impossibile impostare il gruppo di processi del terminale (341):
ioctl non appropriata per il device
-bash: nessun controllo dei job in questa shell

It says:

-bash: the setup of the group of processes of the terminal (341) is
impossible: ioctl not suited for the device
-bash: no jobs control in this shell

This is not vital. I can live without this
It's just that I'd like to be able to log in through the host terminal

Thanks

* Re: ttyS0
@ 2018-03-22 15:37 ` Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2018-03-22 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I managed to get the error messages not translated in Italian

-bash: cannot set terminal process group (340): Inappropriate ioctl for
device
-bash: no job control in this shell

> I have this couple of lines in my configuration
>
>     (service agetty-service-type
>          (agetty-configuration (tty "ttyS0")))
>
> When I launch the VM I see a lot off stuffff scrolling on ttyS0
>
> But then, when I try to login, I get these error messages
>
> -bash: impossibile impostare il gruppo di processi del terminale (341):
> ioctl non appropriata per il device
> -bash: nessun controllo dei job in questa shell
>

> It says:
>
> -bash: the setup of the group of processes of the terminal (341) is
> impossible: ioctl not suited for the device
> -bash: no jobs control in this shell
>
> This is not vital. I can live without this
> It's just that I'd like to be able to log in through the host terminal
>
> Thanks

* Re: ttyS0
@ 2018-03-22 15:43   ` Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2018-03-22 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)