* local cuirass
@ 2021-04-10 12:30 Vincent Legoll
From: Vincent Legoll @ 2021-04-10 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello,

I'm trying to follow the blog post [1] to install
a local cuirass service.

I'm doing this in a kvm-based VM launched
on my desktop system (debian), running
guix system (up to date as of yesterday).

when connecting to "https://$IP:8081/", I get:

SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

which seems to be server-side configuration
problem (& may be TLS version-related)

I tried with 3 different browsers, same error.

What am I missing ?

Thanks

[1] https://othacehe.org/building-your-own-channels.html

--
Vincent Legoll

* Re: local cuirass
@ 2021-04-11 16:37 ` Mathieu Othacehe
From: Mathieu Othacehe @ 2021-04-11 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Legoll; +Cc: help-guix

Hello Vincent,

> when connecting to "https://$IP:8081/", I get:
>
> SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

I think you should try "$IP:8081" instead. The Cuirass web server is not
configured to handle HTTPS. You would need to setup an Nginx reverse
proxy as here: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/.

Thanks,

Mathieu

* Re: local cuirass
@ 2021-04-11 21:40   ` Vincent Legoll
From: Vincent Legoll @ 2021-04-11 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Othacehe; +Cc: help-guix

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 6:37 PM Mathieu Othacehe <othacehe@gnu.org> wrote:
> > when connecting to "https://$IP:8081/", I get:
> >
> > SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG
>
> I think you should try "$IP:8081" instead. The Cuirass web server is not
> configured to handle HTTPS. You would need to setup an Nginx reverse
> proxy as here: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/.

Yes it's working with plain http, I think the browser automagically added
https:// and I never questionned that afterwards.

--
Vincent Legoll