unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* documentation-manual translation
@ 2021-07-14  6:10 Антон Вадимович Рыжкин
From: Антон Вадимович Рыжкин @ 2021-07-14  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Why(torm84) my translation doesn't apply?
I'm translated version.texi, contributing.texi and Top as is.

--
___________________________________
С уважением, Рыжкин Антон Вадимович

* Re: documentation-manual translation
@ 2021-07-14 14:20 ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2021-07-14 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix,
	Антон Вадимович Рыжкин

Le 14 juillet 2021 02:10:54 GMT-04:00, "Антон Вадимович Рыжкин" <torm84@gmail.com> a écrit :
>Why(torm84) my translation doesn't apply?
>I'm translated version.texi, contributing.texi and Top as is.

Hi,

Thanks for your work! Applying translations from weblate is not automated as it can break guix for users if there are errors in them. I haven't synced the translations since last release, but I will have a look at it. Sorry for being so slow!

* Re: documentation-manual translation
@ 2021-07-20  5:53   ` Антон Вадимович Рыжкин
From: Антон Вадимович Рыжкин @ 2021-07-20  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Lepiller; +Cc: help-guix

OK, i thought that this function automated. And somthing go wrong.

--
___________________________________

@ 2021-08-04 12:56     ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2021-08-04 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Антон Вадимович Рыжкин
  Cc: help-guix

Le Tue, 20 Jul 2021 08:53:50 +0300,
Антон Вадимович Рыжкин <torm84@gmail.com> a écrit :

> OK, i thought that this function automated. And somthing go wrong.
>
> пн, 19 июл. 2021 г. в 13:58, Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu>:
>
> > Le 14 juillet 2021 02:10:54 GMT-04:00, "Антон Вадимович Рыжкин" <
> > torm84@gmail.com> a écrit :
> > >Why(torm84) my translation doesn't apply?
> > >I'm translated version.texi, contributing.texi and Top as is.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for your work! Applying translations from weblate is not
> > automated as it can break guix for users if there are errors in
> > them. I haven't synced the translations since last release, but I
> > will have a look at it. Sorry for being so slow!

Hi Антон,

I finally pushed the big nls update. I'll try to do that more
frequently in the future. I had to do some changes in the Russian
translation, and reported the issues on weblate. Would be great if you
could have a look!

https://translate.fedoraproject.org/translate/guix/documentation-manual/ru/?q=has:comment

Basically, some translations are marked as done, when they do not
correspond to the English sentence. Most of those I found are node
names, and that creates duplicate nodes in the Russian manual, which
makeinfo doesn't like, so it breaks the manual generation.

Thanks for your hard work!