unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* How Configure Guix to use Pipewire
@ 2022-02-24 15:58 Antwane Mason
From: Antwane Mason @ 2022-02-24 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Does anyone have any links they could point me to for adjusting my system
configuration to support using pipewire? I am interested in using it in
order to get better support for using my bluetooth headphones than with the
default audio. Particularly, I would like to be able to use my headphones
for both output and input.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Antwane

* Re: How Configure Guix to use Pipewire
@ 2022-02-27  4:20 Brendan Tildesley
From: Brendan Tildesley @ 2022-02-27  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ad.mason1413@gmail.com; +Cc: help-guix@gnu.org

A Pipewire service hasn't been added yet. I started working on one
a while ago but haven't got around to finishing it.
Pipewire is a user service, so if you disable pulseaudio and run
Pipewire from a terminal you may be able to get it running manually.

I'll have another go at making the Pipewire service soon. The last
issue I ran into is that since Guix doesn't use systemd, there is
no socket activation support that Pipewire can use, so I wasn't sure
how to launch it.

* Re: How Configure Guix to use Pipewire
@ 2022-02-28  0:47 ` Antwane Mason
From: Antwane Mason @ 2022-02-28  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mail; +Cc: help-guix

Thank you, Brendan, for your response!

Have you run across this repo before?
https://git.sr.ht/~krevedkokun/dotfiles/tree/master/item/home/yggdrasil
This repo contains a home service definition for pipewire. I'm going to try
to play around with it
to see if it works, but I'm curious whether you or someone else has had any
experience using this repo.