* Why no guile-dbd-mysql in Guix?
@ 2021-04-16  6:20 mbcladwell
From: mbcladwell @ 2021-04-16  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,
Why no guile-dbd-mysql in Guix? Are there plans to support
mysql/mariadb in the future?
Thanks
Mortimer

* Re: Why no guile-dbd-mysql in Guix?
@ 2021-04-16 11:12 ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2021-04-16 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix, mbcladwell

Le 16 avril 2021 02:20:08 GMT-04:00, mbcladwell@stihie.net a écrit :

>Hi,
>Why no guile-dbd-mysql in Guix? Are there plans to support
>mysql/mariadb in the future?
>Thanks
>Mortimer

Hi,

We're all volunteers with a limited time to contribute. Most of the time, a missing package is simply due to lack of time. As long as the package is free software, it can be part of Guix. If you provide a patch, we will gladly add the package to the collection :). Otherwise, it'll eventually be added, but it can take time for someone to take care of it.