unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Circular dependency python-oslo.i18n
@ 2021-08-04  7:56 phodina
From: phodina @ 2021-08-04  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix; +Cc: maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com, mbakke@fastmail.com

Greeting,
I have a question regarding circular dependency and a package that won't build.

I wanted to send a patch with updated version of pkg python-websocket-client. However, as I ran =./pre-inst-env guix refresh --list-dependent python-websocket-client= I noticed that one of the pkgs depending on this one failed to build.

The reason was that pkg python-oslo.i18n failed to build - pass check phase.

In the native-inputs it misses python-bandit, python-reno and python-oslo.i18n. However, then I get the issue with too many heap allocations.

Digging deeper, I see that python-oslo.config depends on python-oslo.i18n.

Any recommendation on how to solve this conundrum would be appreciated!

guix:
      repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
      branch: master
      commit: b95fb85f593d377864fc1bfb3c118e54d03783be

Kind regards

* Re: Circular dependency python-oslo.i18n
@ 2021-08-04 11:01 ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2021-08-04 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: phodina, help-guix; +Cc: mbakke@fastmail.com

In these cases I think we usually disable the tests and leave a comment explaining the situation.