unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Re: Uninstall/Install Guix (Ludovic Court?s)
       [not found] <mailman.4515.1555905792.1166.help-guix@gnu.org>
@ 2019-04-22 10:33 ` Zelphir Kaltstahl
From: Zelphir Kaltstahl @ 2019-04-22 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi!

As mentioned on the list, I recently had the same problem: How to
uninstall Guix (completely) and then reinstall it?

What helped me in the end eas the following Arch wiki entry:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Guix#Uninstalling_Guix

(Adapt this to what the commands and locations look like on your OS.)

However, out of the box reinstalling Guix will not work 100% after this.
You also need to restart the guix daemon, otherwise the socket might not
exist, which was one problem I faced, when I did this. After restarting
the daemon, I was able to reinstall Guix without even restarting my
machine or logging out and back in or any such things.

Regards,

Zelphir