unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Cross-compilation arm-none-eabi
@ 2024-01-15 10:20 Kristoffer Ström
From: Kristoffer Ström @ 2024-01-15 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello!

I'm trying to use `qmk` to build firmware for my keyboard, but i'm
running into cross complilation issues that i have no idea where to
start on.

When running in a shell with `qmk` i get

arm-none-eabi-gcc: command not found

The only maybe related package i've been able to find is
`raspi-arm-chainloader`, however this fails to build (it seems also in
CI)

https://data.guix.gnu.org/revision/45a6af1c18b254e2a5bb26c6bab465c3d4476a75/package/raspi-arm-chainloader/0.1?locale=en_US.UTF-8

<- link to failing build on data.guix.gnu.org

Am i missing something? How would i make the cross-compile gcc available
in a shell environment?

Thx, Kristoffer

* Re: Cross-compilation arm-none-eabi
@ 2024-01-15 10:28 ` Ekaitz Zarraga
From: Ekaitz Zarraga @ 2024-01-15 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi

On 2024-01-15 11:20, Kristoffer Ström wrote:

 > Hello!
 >
 > I'm trying to use `qmk` to build firmware for my keyboard, but i'm
 > running into cross complilation issues that i have no idea where to
 > start on.
 >
 > When running in a shell with `qmk` i get
 >
 > arm-none-eabi-gcc: command not found
 >
 > The only maybe related package i've been able to find is
 > `raspi-arm-chainloader`, however this fails to build (it seems also in
 > CI)

https://data.guix.gnu.org/revision/45a6af1c18b254e2a5bb26c6bab465c3d4476a75/package/raspi-arm-chainloader/0.1?locale=en_US.UTF-8

 > <- link to failing build on data.guix.gnu.org
 >
 > Am i missing something? How would i make the cross-compile gcc available
 > in a shell environment?
 >
 > Thx, Kristoffer

Give a try to this in a `manifest.scm` file.

(use-modules (gnu packages embedded))
  (packages->manifest (list
(make-arm-none-eabi-toolchain-7-2018-q2-update)))

Since some recent changes in guix we have to make-... the package for
these cross-compilers.
I don't like it, but it has some reason behind.

Cheers,

PS: There are other problems with cross compilation I hope you don't get
after this, if you do, please keep me posted and I'll try to help.