unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Foreign Distribution - how to disable guix home configuration?
@ 2022-03-28 16:30 Roland Everaert via
From: Roland Everaert via @ 2022-03-28 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Help ML

Hello,

Since I have updated my fedora box from version 34 to version 35, the libry path is messed up and most applications installed via dnf (fedora package manager) does not run.

In a terminal (only xterm works so far), starting one of those failing application output a symbol lookup error with a path to a library in the /gnu/store, so far I only see reference to libpthread.

I suspect guix home to be the culprit, so, I would like to ensure it is not started, to confirm or not my suspition.

So, what is the best way to disable/deactivate it?

Is there a command in guix to do so?

Roland Everaert
---
Use the F.O.S.S., Luke

Envoyé avec la messagerie sécurisée [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/).

* Re: Foreign Distribution - how to disable guix home configuration?
@ 2022-03-29 11:31 ` Daniel Meißner
From: Daniel Meißner @ 2022-03-29 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland Everaert; +Cc: help-guix

Hi Roland, hello Guix,

Roland Everaert via <help-guix@gnu.org> writes:

> Since I have updated my fedora box from version 34 to version 35, the
> libry path is messed up and most applications installed via dnf
> (fedora package manager) does not run.
>
> In a terminal (only xterm works so far), starting one of those failing
> application output a symbol lookup error with a path to a library in
> the /gnu/store, so far I only see reference to libpthread.
>
> I suspect guix home to be the culprit, so, I would like to ensure it
> is not started, to confirm or not my suspition.
>
> So, what is the best way to disable/deactivate it?

IIUC your ~/.profile should contain something like:

HOME_ENVIRONMENT=$HOME/.guix-home
. $HOME_ENVIRONMENT/setup-environment
$HOME_ENVIRONMENT/on-first-login

So the way to ‘deactivate’ guix home would be to delete these lines as
these are run during login.

Best

--
Daniel