unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* `scm` file parsing(read/write/modify)
@ 2019-01-07  6:55 Hamzeh Nasajpour
From: Hamzeh Nasajpour @ 2019-01-07  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,
I have a configuration file that written based on `scm` file like as `guixSD` config.scm file.
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/User-Accounts.html#User-Accounts

I want to read/write/modify this config file in python or C/C++.
Do you know any `scm` file parsing  or any other solution for my needed? In fact I want to add/remove/modify parameters of this config file.

Regards,
Hamzeh

* Re: `scm` file parsing(read/write/modify)
@ 2019-01-07  8:22 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2019-01-07  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hamzeh Nasajpour; +Cc: help-guix

Hamzeh Nasajpour <h.nasajpour@pantherx.org> writes:

> I have a configuration file that written based on `scm` file like as
> `guixSD` config.scm file.
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/User-Accounts.html#User-Accounts
>
> I want to read/write/modify this config file in python or C/C++.
> Do you know any `scm` file parsing  or any other solution for my needed? In fact I want to add/remove/modify parameters of this config file.

The usual way to parse Scheme files is with a Scheme (such as Guile).
If you want to do this from C a somewhat heavy-handed approach could be
to embed Guile in C.

See the Guile manual, section “5 Programming in C”.

--
Ricardo