unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Retain shell history in a guix container
@ 2022-10-03  0:21 jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-10-03  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Help

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can retain the shell history in a guix container?

Any advice or ideas for how to do that would be much appreciated.

If this is possible I would like to add this to some documentation so
people can easily find it.

all best,

jgart

* Re: Retain shell history in a guix container
@ 2022-10-03  6:25 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2022-10-03  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart, Guix Help

Hi,

On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 at 19:21, jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:

> Does anyone know how I can retain the shell history in a guix
> container?

Is it not from the configuration of your Shell you use?  For instance,
it is the file ~/.bash_history.

Cheers,
simon

* Re: Retain shell history in a guix container
@ 2022-10-03  8:47 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2022-10-03  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart; +Cc: help-guix

jgart <jgart@dismail.de> writes:

> Does anyone know how I can retain the shell history in a guix container?

Make the shell write its history to a location that exists outside of
the container.

--
Ricardo