unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* My very own Guix System Server in my apartment
@ 2021-06-30 15:35 Joshua Branson
From: Joshua Branson @ 2021-06-30 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello Guix people!

So I will shortly be setting up my very own Guix System server in my
apartment!  I am super excited!  I would love to hear any and all
advice.  I should probably set up a good firewall.  I should probably
use REALLY LONG passwords.  AND ONLY use ssh authentication.

I plan to have this Guix System Server host my websites:

gnucode.me and propernaming.org.

I intend this server to host email for the above sites.

I do have a static IP address a signed by my ISP.

I want to run cuirass or the Guix Build Coordinator.

I want to run a GNU FM and or libre.fm instance.

What else should I do with said server?

It's a Dell Optiplex 7020 with 30GB of RAM with a 3TB HDD.  It cost me
$250 USD.

What do you all think?

Joshua