unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Patch '/usr/bin/env -S' shebangs
@ 2022-05-02 16:03 Olivier Dion via
From: Olivier Dion via @ 2022-05-02 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi all,

I have a couple of scripts -- that are not to be installed -- in my
project.

These scripts all have the following shebang:
#!/usr/bin/env -S guile --no-auto-compile -e main -s

Apparently, Guix can not patch these shebangs on its own, so I added the
following phase to my package's definition:
(add-after 'unpack 'more-patch-source-shebangs
           (lambda _
             (substitute* '("pre-inst-env"
                            "tools/run-tests"
                            "tools/test-driver"
                            "tools/compile-scheme")
               (("/usr/bin/env") (which "env")))))

I'm wondering if this is the good thing to do?  Or maybe there's a more
clean alternative?

FYI, I added this phase before 'patch-source-shebangs to avoid
errors.

Regards,
old

--
Olivier Dion
oldiob.dev

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-05-02 16:08 UTC | newest]