unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Error when tab-completing Guix-subcommand in Emacs' Eshell
@ 2023-05-25  9:03 Mekeor Melire
From: Mekeor Melire @ 2023-05-25  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello Guix! :)

When I open Emacs ("emacs -q"), run Eshell (M-x eshell RET) and
type "guix " followed by TAB, why do I get the following error
message?

Starting Guix REPL ... [5 times]
guix-geiser-eval: Error in evaluating guile expression:
ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
/home/user/.config/guix/current/share/guile/site/3.0/guix/scripts/deploy.scm:176:7:
Unknown # object: "#~"

Entering a new prompt.  Type `,bt' for a backtrace or `,q' to
continue.
scheme@(emacs-guix) [1]>

* Re: Error when tab-completing Guix-subcommand in Emacs' Eshell
@ 2023-05-25  9:22 ` Mekeor Melire
From: Mekeor Melire @ 2023-05-25  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mekeor Melire; +Cc: help-guix

> Hello Guix! :)

Hello Mekeor!

> When I open Emacs ("emacs -q"), run Eshell (M-x eshell RET) and
> type "guix " followed by TAB, why do I get the following error
> message?

This happens because Eshell does not run the external program
"guix" but the emacs-lisp function "guix" from the emacs-guix
package that is broken, as far as I know. As described at (info
"(eshell) Built-ins"), you can try typing "*guix" instead. (Or
uninstall emacs-guix.)

I hope that helps!