unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Cannot send patch.
@ 2018-04-14 19:30 Fis Trivial
From: Fis Trivial @ 2018-04-14 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

It seems that I can't send anything to the patch mailing list in recent
days. The last patch I sent is:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2018-04/msg00116.html

After that, I couldn't send mail to the list. I use mu4e and with
outlook, both told me that I did send out the mail, but the list doesn't
display my mail and I didn't get any acknowledgement.

I subscribed to the list and can recieve mails from it.

* Re: Cannot send patch.
@ 2018-04-21 19:30 ` Chris Marusich
From: Chris Marusich @ 2018-04-21 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fis Trivial; +Cc: help-guix

Fis Trivial <ybbs.daans@hotmail.com> writes:

> It seems that I can't send anything to the patch mailing list in recent
> days. The last patch I sent is:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2018-04/msg00116.html
>
> After that, I couldn't send mail to the list.

I see an email from you a few days after that one:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2018-04/msg00160.html

Are you still having this problem?

> I use mu4e and with outlook, both told me that I did send out the
> mail, but the list doesn't display my mail and I didn't get any
> acknowledgement.

The Internet is a messy place.  Internet "weather" can impair systems in
some places, but not in others, which might explain why you couldn't
send email to the list, but others could.  Perhaps there was a problem
delivering mail from hotmail to the debbugs instance?  I'm afraid I
don't know much about how this is configured, though, so I probably
can't help much.

--
Chris

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Cannot send patch.
@ 2018-04-22  5:39   ` Fis Trivial
From: Fis Trivial @ 2018-04-22  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Marusich; +Cc: help-guix

Chris Marusich writes:

> Fis Trivial <ybbs.daans@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> It seems that I can't send anything to the patch mailing list in recent
>> days. The last patch I sent is:
>>
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2018-04/msg00116.html
>>
>> After that, I couldn't send mail to the list.
>
> I see an email from you a few days after that one:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2018-04/msg00160.html
>
> Are you still having this problem?

That two mails are sent in the same day, check the date embedded in the
link.

I didn't try again lately. I will try to rebase the work on current
master branch and then send the patch again once I have the time.

>> I use mu4e and with outlook, both told me that I did send out the
>> mail, but the list doesn't display my mail and I didn't get any
>> acknowledgement.
>
> The Internet is a messy place.  Internet "weather" can impair systems in
> some places, but not in others, which might explain why you couldn't
> send email to the list, but others could.  Perhaps there was a problem
> delivering mail from hotmail to the debbugs instance?  I'm afraid I
> don't know much about how this is configured, though, so I probably
> can't help much.

Thanks for your time, at least I need to know it's not because I got
blocked by the list or any change in the list that I wasn't aware of.

It's weird. I'm guessing my mail is blocked during transmission due to
some words in the code or package description that was miss classfied as
spam. Anyway, I will try again once I got the time, maybe make the patch
as an attachment or even tar it.

* Re: Cannot send patch.
@ 2018-04-24  8:39     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-04-24  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fis Trivial; +Cc: help-guix

Hi,

Fis Trivial <ybbs.daans@hotmail.com> skribis:

> Chris Marusich writes:
>
>> Fis Trivial <ybbs.daans@hotmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> It seems that I can't send anything to the patch mailing list in recent
>>> days. The last patch I sent is:
>>>
>>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2018-04/msg00116.html
>>>
>>> After that, I couldn't send mail to the list.
>>
>> I see an email from you a few days after that one:
>>
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2018-04/msg00160.html
>>
>> Are you still having this problem?
>>
> That two mails are sent in the same day, check the date embedded in the
> link.
>
> I didn't try again lately. I will try to rebase the work on current
> master branch and then send the patch again once I have the time.

Please let us know if this is still broken for you.  Looking at
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2018-04/threads.html>
it seems that the mailing list is alive and well currently, so perhaps
we should investigate whether there’s something wrong with your own
messages.

Thanks,
Ludo’.