unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Guix Home question ?
@ 2022-10-06  7:20 jordi
From: jordi @ 2022-10-06  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi guixers !

  While starting to enjoy 'guix home' superpowers i created this git repository

https://codeberg.org/Fenix/home-config-at-mercurio

taking care of my old laptop's config.

I might be missing some basics here...
First question that comes to my mind is... how to avoid the .bash_aliases imported by my current .bashrc to mess with the services at home-configuration.scm file ?
What am i missing ?

happy guixing

thanks, thanks, thanks

* Re: Guix Home question ?
@ 2022-10-07 18:39 ` jbranso
From: jbranso @ 2022-10-07 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jordi, help-guix

October 6, 2022 3:21 AM, "jordi" <jordila@librebits.info> wrote:

> Hi guixers !
>
> While starting to enjoy 'guix home' superpowers i created this git repository
>
> https://codeberg.org/Fenix/home-config-at-mercurio
>
> taking care of my old laptop's config.
>
> I might be missing some basics here...
> First question that comes to my mind is... how to avoid the .bash_aliases imported by my current
> .bashrc to mess with the services at home-configuration.scm file ?
> What am i missing ?

I wish I knew how to help you.  :(  Guix home is still confusing to me.  :)

> happy guixing
>
> thanks, thanks, thanks

* Re: Guix Home question ?
@ 2022-10-10 16:07 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2022-10-10 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jordi; +Cc: help-guix

Hi,

jordi <jordila@librebits.info> skribis:

>   While starting to enjoy 'guix home' superpowers i created this git repository
>
> https://codeberg.org/Fenix/home-config-at-mercurio
>
> taking care of my old laptop's config.
>
> I might be missing some basics here...
> First question that comes to my mind is... how to avoid the .bash_aliases imported by my current .bashrc to mess with the services at home-configuration.scm file ?

How does ‘.bash_aliases’ mess with the services in your Home config
file?

At any rate, ‘.bash_aliases’ is most likely useless now that aliases
have been imported in your ‘home-configuration.scm’.

HTH,
Ludo’.