unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* guix pack isolation
@ 2023-02-10  0:25 Kyle Andrews
From: Kyle Andrews @ 2023-02-10  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Dear Guix,

I am wondering how I can/should go about isolating containers created
using `guix pack`. Right now they are inheriting configurations from my
personal user folder.

My system administrators are still quite skeptical about installing
Guix, but they have made it convenient to submit singularity container
jobs via SLURM. Otherwise, I would prefer to use `guix shell` because it
seems to make it easy to create a fully isolated container.

Is this a case where the best idea is to make a container first with
`guix shell` and then create the pack inside of that container? Are
there other approaches I should be trying?

Thanks,
Kyle