unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* how to unmount disk after guix system init error?
@ 2019-05-26 12:09 znavko
From: znavko @ 2019-05-26 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello! I am trying to install Guix on other notebook. when I've parted it with fdisk using such partitions:
/dev/sdb1 50Gb Linux filesystem
/dev/sdb2 9Gb Linux swap

then `guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt` gave the error:
Embedding is not possible. Grub can only be installed in this setup by using blocklists. However blocklists are UnreLIABLE and their use is discouraged.
guix system: error: failed to install bootloader

And this makes me sense need to do another partitioning like this:
/dev/sdb1 150Mb BIOS Boot
/dev/sdb2 50Gb Linux filesystem
/dev/sdb3 9Gb Linux swap

I cannot do this. I fullfilled this but making filesystem on /dev/sdb2 gives the error, that device is mounted.
As I understand this is because of my run 'herd start cow-store /mnt' and also run `guix system init .... /mnt`
I've stopped herd service. But do not know what to do else. So I can only reboot and start again.

Please is there another way to solve?

* Re: how to unmount disk after guix system init error?
@ 2019-05-26 14:35 ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice @ 2019-05-26 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

znavko@disroot.org wrote:
> /dev/sdb1 150Mb BIOS Boot

You're throwing away 149 MiB ;-)

Make this 1 MiB (at most), and give the rest to one of your other
partitions instead.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: how to unmount disk after guix system init error?
@ 2019-05-29 20:11 ` Giovanni Biscuolo
From: Giovanni Biscuolo @ 2019-05-29 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: znavko, help-guix