unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Touchegg package
@ 2022-05-01 20:14 Rene Saavedra
From: Rene Saavedra @ 2022-05-01 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix@gnu.org

hello,

I have packaged Touchegg[1] and I would like to send the patch. What file (gnu packages) should I add it?

[1] https://github.com/JoseExposito/touchegg

greetings
--
Rene

* Re: Touchegg package
@ 2022-05-02  8:24 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2022-05-02  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rene Saavedra, help-guix@gnu.org

Hi,

On Sun, 01 May 2022 at 20:14, Rene Saavedra <nanuui@protonmail.com> wrote:

> I have packaged Touchegg[1] and I would like to send the patch. What
> file (gnu packages) should I add it?

Cool!

You might be interested by this part of the manual:

    https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Contributing

Roughly speaking,

    git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    cd guix
    guix shell git:send-email -D guix --pure
    ./bootstrap
    ./configure --localstatedir=/var
    make -j
    ./pre-inst-env guix describe

Then add the package to a file somewhere under gnu/packages/.  Well, try
to find a file already containing similar packages.  Then, check all is
fine:

    ./pre-inst-env guix build touchegg
    ./pre-inst-env guix build touchegg --no-grafts --check
    ./pre-inst-env guix lint touchegg

Once ready, commit your changes, and run “git-format-patch”.  Last, send
a request,

    git send-email --to=guix-patches@gnu.org 0001-gnu-*.patch

Hope that helps,
simon