unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* [ANN] Emacs-Guix 0.3.3
@ 2017-09-02 19:50 Alex Kost
From: Alex Kost @ 2017-09-02 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello, I have released Emacs-Guix (Emacs interface for GNU Guix) version
0.3.3, and updated 'emacs-guix' Guix package.

This release provides some small bug fixes and tweaks to keep it in-sync
with the current Guix code-base.  Also, it provides 2 new features:

1. A way to look at "search paths" environment variables:

   In "M-x guix-profiles" you can press "E" key to see the analog of:

     guix package --search-paths=... --profile=...

   (You can mark several profiles with "m" key before pressing "E" to see
   the combined search paths).

   Analogously, you can press "E" in a list of generations (for example,
   in "M-x guix-generations").

2. The new "info" interface for profiles: Press "RET" (or "i") in the
   list of profiles to see it.  Nothing fancy there; similarly to
   "Generation Info", it is just an alternative way to look at available
   functionality for profiles.

--
Alex

* Re: [ANN] Emacs-Guix 0.3.3
@ 2017-09-04 13:48 ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2017-09-04 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Kost; +Cc: help-guix

Hi Alex,

Alex Kost <alezost@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello, I have released Emacs-Guix (Emacs interface for GNU Guix) version
> 0.3.3, and updated 'emacs-guix' Guix package.
>
> This release provides some small bug fixes and tweaks to keep it in-sync
> with the current Guix code-base.  Also, it provides 2 new features:
>
> 1. A way to look at "search paths" environment variables:
>
>    In "M-x guix-profiles" you can press "E" key to see the analog of:
>
>      guix package --search-paths=... --profile=...
>
>    (You can mark several profiles with "m" key before pressing "E" to see
>    the combined search paths).
>
>    Analogously, you can press "E" in a list of generations (for example,
>    in "M-x guix-generations").
>
> 2. The new "info" interface for profiles: Press "RET" (or "i") in the
>    list of profiles to see it.  Nothing fancy there; similarly to
>    "Generation Info", it is just an alternative way to look at available
>    functionality for profiles.

Sounds good, I look forward to try it! Thanks for the continuous
improvements.

Maxim