unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Question about glib
@ 2019-06-13 18:59 Tobias Dausend
From: Tobias Dausend @ 2019-06-13 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello together,

I wanted to tryout compiling Vice as C64-emulator, but got finally an
error message about "glib-compile-resources" being missed out. Has
anybody more clues for me what to do about this?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Tobias.

* Re: Question about glib
@ 2019-07-12 21:08 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-07-12 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tobias Dausend; +Cc: help-guix

Hello,

Tobias Dausend <t.dausend@openmails.org> skribis:

> I wanted to tryout compiling Vice as C64-emulator, but got finally an
> error message about "glib-compile-resources" being missed out. Has
> anybody more clues for me what to do about this?

Hopefully you found out in the meantime, but in any case, this binary is
in the “bin” output of glib.  Thus, you need to add the “bin” output of
glib to your package’s dependencies, like so:

  (native-inputs `(("glib:bin" ,glib "bin") …))

HTH!

Ludo’.