unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* abstract question about guix
@ 2024-02-26  1:31 matt
From: matt @ 2024-02-26  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

If could please contemplate a script that installs utilities before other certain
things are installed after first a minimal install of a distribution of
GNU/Linux onto the computer. What if the package manager that the
script would use were guix? What systems like typical setups usually
found on free systems, particularly setups or configurations that
have X setup differently or displayed differently? I am not just
writing: I plan to use this sort of logic with a minimal install
of Trisquel.

* Re: abstract question about guix
@ 2024-02-27 13:27 ` Felix Lechner via
From: Felix Lechner via @ 2024-02-27 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: matt, help-guix

Hi Matt,

On Sun, Feb 25 2024, matt@jmgresham.xyz wrote:

> If could please contemplate a script that installs utilities before other certain
> things are installed after first a minimal install of a distribution of
> GNU/Linux onto the computer. What if the package manager that the
> script would use were guix? What systems like typical setups usually
> found on free systems, particularly setups or configurations that
> have X setup differently or displayed differently? I am not just
> writing: I plan to use this sort of logic with a minimal install
> of Trisquel.

Your questions are indeed abstract. Moreover, the situation you describe
is hypothetical. How about you install Guix and then come back with your
questions?

Everyone on this list uses Guix as their package manager, and many folks
here are helpful.

You may not need Trisquel. The "Guix System," which should probably be
renamed in order ro distinguish it from the package manager, is a
fully-fledged operating system.

Thanks for experimenting with GNU Guix!

Kind regards,
Felix