unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* installing packages in Guix System
@ 2022-02-16 19:52 Gottfried
From: Gottfried @ 2022-02-16 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I started to read the manual, but didn´t yet come across this.

When you install a package in an other Linux distro, it will be
available in the system.

In guix it is different. I installed e.g. hplip,
system-config-printer,cups, cups-filters, but additionally I have to add
the printer settings in the /etc/config.scm file.

Could somebody explain it to me why?

When I installed printer packages, where do they go? Is the guix system
on a different level and it needs also to be configured additionally?

Gottfried