unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Can You Help With applying patches when doing `guix pull` ?
@ 2022-12-15 14:22 calcium
From: calcium @ 2022-12-15 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Is there an easy way to applies patches locally (at every pull) without having to maintain a whole channel ?

Because I want to have the patch tree-sitter for emacs[1] and the patch exwm-emacs-next[2] without creating and maintainging my whole channel !  for 2 patches that are already compatible with Guix's official channel !! but just need a maintainer's approval.

[1]: https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/49946
[2]: https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/39804

Thanks, it would be very useful (There are lots of patches that I would love to have, without the hassle of maintaining a mirror channel with some patches, because they can take more than 2 years to be merged into Guix's channel)

Thank you for your help and support.

PS:
I already know about `guix build --patch ...`, but it doesn't do what I want.

Otherwise, would there be a way to create and maintain automatically a local channel that just apply those patches ?