unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* How to run "rmmod xxx" when I shutdown my computer.
@ 2022-02-22  2:24 tumashu
From: tumashu @ 2022-02-22  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello, every one.

       I find a kernel module let shutdown time > 10min, so I want to run "rmmod xxx" before shutdown or reboot. How to do this job in guix system?

Thanks!

* How to run "rmmod xxx" when I shutdown my computer.
@ 2022-02-22  2:41 tumashu
From: tumashu @ 2022-02-22  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello, every one.

       I find a kernel module let shutdown time > 10min, so I want to run "rmmod xxx" before shutdown or reboot. How to do this job in guix system?

Thanks!

* Re: How to run "rmmod xxx" when I shutdown my computer.
@ 2022-02-22 22:47 ` jbranso
From: jbranso @ 2022-02-22 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tumashu, help-guix

February 21, 2022 9:45 PM, "tumashu" <tumashu@163.com> wrote:

> Hello, every one.
>
> I find a kernel module let shutdown time > 10min, so I want to run "rmmod xxx" before shutdown or
> reboot. How to do this job in guix system?

Hmmm...Could you potentially blacklist the module?

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Bootloader-Configuration.html

The linux-arguments may be a way to blacklist kernel modules.

May I ask why you wish to remove the module before shutdown or reboot?

Also which kernel module?

> Thanks!

* Re:Re: How to run "rmmod xxx" when I shutdown my computer.
@ 2022-02-22 22:59   ` tumashu
From: tumashu @ 2022-02-22 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jbranso@dismail.de ; +Cc: help-guix

rmmod mt7921e,  a mediatek wifi module

I find this mode let shutdow time > 10min, so i want to unload it before shutdown

not the blacklight.

--
发自我的网易邮箱手机智能版

@ 2022-02-23 18:49   ` jbranso--- via

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Bootloader-Configuration.html (https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Bootloader-Configuration.html)

@ 2022-02-25 23:51   ` jbranso
From: jbranso @ 2022-02-25 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tumashu; +Cc: help-guix

February 22, 2022 5:59 PM, "tumashu" <tumashu@163.com> wrote:

> rmmod mt7921e, a mediatek wifi module
>
> I find this mode let shutdow time > 10min, so i want to unload it before shutdown
>
> not the blacklight.

I suppose another possibility is to purchase an open wifi dongle from thinkpenguin.

@ 2022-02-26  0:16     ` tumashu
From: tumashu @ 2022-02-26  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jbranso; +Cc: help-guix

At 2022-02-26 07:51:53, jbranso@dismail.de wrote:
>February 22, 2022 5:59 PM, "tumashu" <tumashu@163.com> wrote:
>
>> rmmod mt7921e, a mediatek wifi module
>>
>> I find this mode let shutdow time > 10min, so i want to unload it before shutdown
>>
>> not the blacklight.
>
>I suppose another possibility is to purchase an open wifi dongle from thinkpenguin.

Good idea too, now i have resolve this problem in the below service :-)

(define-public mt7921e-service-type
  (shepherd-service-type
   'mt7921e
   (lambda _
     (shepherd-service
      (documentation "关机之前运行 'rmmod mt7921e' 命令。
ThinkPad-T14-AMD 笔记本电脑使用 MEDIATEK 7961 无线网卡,所以开机的时候会自动加
载 mt7921e 内核模块,但这个模块会导致关机时间消耗很长时间(> 5分钟), 这个服务的
主要作用就是在关机之前将 mt7921 模块卸载,加快关机。")
      (provision '(mt7921e))
      (requirement '(xorg-server))
      (start #~(lambda _
                 (invoke #$(file-append kmod "/bin/modprobe") "mt7921e")
                 #t))
      (stop  #~(lambda _
                 (invoke #$(file-append kmod "/bin/rmmod") "mt7921e")
                 #f))))
   #f
   (description "关机之前运行 'rmmod mt7921e' 命令。")))