unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de>
To: Martin Castillo <castilma@uni-bremen.de>,
	"Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <arne_bab@web.de>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Musescore and other music notation packages like Lilypond, Frescobaldi, Denemo, Rosegarden
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 17:21:16 +0000	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 4494 bytes --]

Hi,

thank you very much.
You can explain very well. So I have learned a lot.
I appreciate your endeavouring.

I myself was wondering why
> I can’t create a document with:
>>> lilypond THE_FILENAME.ly

this should create a document,
but I believed, what I read.
I guess Arne wanted to say something else and I missunderstood him.

Because when I tried this command, it really made a pdf.
I was wondering, but it was like this.

Now I tried again to:

guix shell lilypond nano mercurial timidity++
and with
cd draketos-songbook
I entered the songbook
and I saw the songs Arne had created.
I saved one song
delfini-tune.ly
delfini-tune.midi

and I was able to save the songbook in my home folder.

I think my mistake was that I was already in the songbook folder
and I wanted to copy the song book folder and not a file in the songbook
folder.
Now everything went well except the fact I can’t here the voice of the
midi file.

I have got problems with midi.
my programmes vlc and audacious, audacity can play the midi file
but I have no voice.
It is silent even I have put it to the loudest possible output.

Kind regards

Gottfried