unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Packaging a django application
@ 2023-04-30 20:59 Raffael Mancini
From: Raffael Mancini @ 2023-04-30 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix@gnu.org

Hello,

I'm trying to deploy a django application on guix system using nginx as a reverse proxy and gunicorn as wsgi server. I have written the prototype of a gunicorn service based on the already packaged gunicorn by extending the shepherd-service-type. This new service seems to work to some extent and I will hopefully be able to submit it as a patch once it's ready. The end goal is a simple extensible django-application-service-type that you could extend in order to easily deploy any kind of django application.

In order to serve my django application, would the best approach be to just create a regular guix package for it and reference it in the gunicorn configuration? What's a good method to translate a very long requirements.txt file to a guix package? Is there anyone who has done this already? How would you deal with the read/write part of the application like uploads or a sqlite3 database since the store items are read-only?

I was also wondering if it's possible to somehow specify the guix profile used in the execution of gunicorn and "abuse" is as a pip replacement. I could thus iteratively create a profile with the needed dependencies to run my application and then configure the gunicorn daemon to use it.

Thanks for any input on this!

Raffael

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-04-30 20:59 UTC | newest]