unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* USB redirection via libvirt
@ 2023-11-20 17:33 TakeV
From: TakeV @ 2023-11-20 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello,

I am trying to get USB redirection working with libvirt, but I am
hitting a snag. Originally it was not able to redirect the USB devices
due to spice-client-glib-usb-acl-helper not being available in
/run/setuid-programs. I was able to resolve that by appending the
spice-gtk version of spice-client-glib-usb-acl-helper into my
setuid-programs list. However, I am now getting a new error:

Error setting USB device node ACL: 'Error PoliciKit error:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Action
org.spice-space.lowlevelusbaccess is not registered' (0)

It fails no matter which client I use (virt-manager, virt-viewer,
gnome-boxes). Is there a way to fix that permission so I can redirect my
USB devices?

Thanks!

* Re: USB redirection via libvirt
@ 2023-11-20 20:21 ` Saku Laesvuori
From: Saku Laesvuori @ 2023-11-20 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TakeV; +Cc: help-guix

> I am trying to get USB redirection working with libvirt, but I am
> hitting a snag. [...] I am now getting a new error:
>
> Error setting USB device node ACL: 'Error PoliciKit error:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Action
> org.spice-space.lowlevelusbaccess is not registered' (0)
>
> It fails no matter which client I use (virt-manager, virt-viewer,
> gnome-boxes). Is there a way to fix that permission so I can redirect my
> USB devices?

I had the same problem some time ago. It can be fixed by extending
polkit-service-type with spice-gtk, i.e.

(operating-system
  (services
    (simple-service 'spice-polkit polkit-service-type (list spice-gtk))))

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: USB redirection via libvirt
@ 2023-11-22  0:39   ` TakeV
From: TakeV @ 2023-11-22  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)