unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Substituting package definition for dependency
@ 2022-02-21 14:10 Paul Jewell
From: Paul Jewell @ 2022-02-21 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix@gnu.org

thermald doesn't build at the moment (bug 54061). Maxime has created
some patches which get around the problem, something I confirmed by
building from a local patched git repo. I would like to incorporate
these patches so I can continue to update guix, until such time the
patches find their way into the main repo. Is there some way I can do
this? I know I can provide a different definition for a package I
explicitly want to build, but how can I do this for a package built as a
dependency during a "guix system reconfigure"?

Alternatively, should I be using my git clone to build my system instead
of guix pull?

Apologies if this is clearly explained in the documentation - I couldn't
find anything to help. If I have missed something, a pointer would be
helpful!

Thanks!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-02-21 14:30 UTC | newest]