* user services: how ?
@ 2021-06-02  9:38 Adriano Peluso
From: Adriano Peluso @ 2021-06-02  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I have Guix installed on a foreign distro (Ubuntu)

Can I run an ipfs node using the Guix provided ipfs package ?

I think I read somewhere that running user services is possible but I
don't remember where

Thanks

* Re: user services: how ?
@ 2021-06-02 13:42 ` Luis Felipe
From: Luis Felipe @ 2021-06-02 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: randomlooser; +Cc: help-guix

Hi Adriano,

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 9:38 AM, Adriano Peluso <randomlooser@riseup.net> wrote:

> I have Guix installed on a foreign distro (Ubuntu)
>
> Can I run an ipfs node using the Guix provided ipfs package ?
>
> I think I read somewhere that running user services is possible but I
> don't remember where

Maybe check this post:

https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2020/gnu-shepherd-user-services/

I added a user service using that information. User services don't seem to be documented in the manual.