unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* python package managers: which works on Guix
@ 2023-07-27 17:57 Andy Tai
From: Andy Tai @ 2023-07-27 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi, a general question: Python-native package managers like conda and
poetry both do not work (or build) on Guix now (I mean the packaged
versions of these in Guix).  Curious if any Python package manager
works on top of Guix at this time?  Thanks.

* Re: python package managers: which works on Guix
@ 2023-07-27 18:05 ` Ekaitz Zarraga
From: Ekaitz Zarraga @ 2023-07-27 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Tai; +Cc: help-guix

Hi,

> Hi, a general question: Python-native package managers like conda and
> poetry both do not work (or build) on Guix now (I mean the packaged
> versions of these in Guix). Curious if any Python package manager
> works on top of Guix at this time? Thanks.

Guix itself is a pretty reasonable package manager for python too.

I've been using Pipenv, but pipenv shell has issues.

I decided to use Guix for it directly like: guix shell -m python-wrapper python-requests python-...

Or even making a proper manifest.scm or a guix package.

It's the best, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make the python package managers work.

Hope this helps,
Ekaitz

* Re: python package managers: which works on Guix
@ 2023-07-27 18:06 ` Wojtek Kosior via
From: Wojtek Kosior via @ 2023-07-27 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Tai; +Cc: help-guix