unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* easy firewalling ?
@ 2022-10-04  6:30 jordi
From: jordi @ 2022-10-04  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi, happy guix newbie  here,

usually i use ufw for easily managing firewalling, adding iptables rules etc... I see there is no ufw package available in guix. Aside
from managing iptables manually, are there other easie alternatives i 	could use in guix ?

Thanks, thanks, thanks

Fenix

* Re: easy firewalling ?
@ 2022-10-07 18:44 ` jbranso
From: jbranso @ 2022-10-07 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jordi, help-guix

October 4, 2022 3:58 AM, "jordi" <jordila@librebits.info> wrote:

> Hi, happy guix newbie here,
>
> usually i use ufw for easily managing firewalling, adding iptables rules etc... I see there is no
> ufw package available in guix. Aside
> from managing iptables manually, are there other easie alternatives i could use in guix ?

I believe that you need to use iptables or nftables.

I don't think guix supports anything easier.

The arch wiki has an example config that may work for you:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Nftables

> Thanks, thanks, thanks
>
> Fenix

* Re: easy firewalling ?
@ 2022-10-08 19:50   ` kiasoc5
From: kiasoc5 @ 2022-10-08 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix; +Cc: solene

On Fri, Oct 07 2022, 06:44:02 PM +0000
jbranso@dismail.de wrote:

> October 4, 2022 3:58 AM, "jordi" <jordila@librebits.info> wrote:
>
> > Hi, happy guix newbie here,
> >
> > usually i use ufw for easily managing firewalling, adding iptables
> > rules etc... I see there is no ufw package available in guix. Aside
> > from managing iptables manually, are there other easie alternatives
> > i could use in guix ?
>
> I believe that you need to use iptables or nftables.
>
> I don't think guix supports anything easier.
>
> The arch wiki has an example config that may work for you:
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Nftables
>

> > Thanks, thanks, thanks
> >
> > Fenix

There is a firewall service that allows opening and closing of ports in
iptables: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/48975

It would be great for this to get into Guix, and if there was also an
nftables version.