unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting)
@ 2019-09-16  4:41 刘力铭
From: 刘力铭 @ 2019-09-16  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I'm installing Gnu GuixSD on a machine with a configuration slightly changed from "bare bones" and using `guix-daemon --cores=8 --max-jobs=8 --substitute-urls="https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org"` to get a faster networking speed. But `guix system --skip-checks init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt` gives me the falling errors when installing `guix-1.0.1.drv`:
```
### many other messages
[100%] GUILEC guix/tests/http.go
;;; Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting):
;;; missing interface for module (charting)
;;; Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting):
;;; missing interface for module (charting)
random seed for tests: 1568684090
;;; Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting):
;;; missing interface for module (charting)
;;; Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting):
;;; missing interface for module (charting)
;;; Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting):
;;; missing interface for module (charting)
guix/scripts/size.scm:222:2: warning: possibly unbound variable `make-page-map'
;;; Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting):
;;; missing interface for module (charting)
;;; Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting):
;;; missing interface for module (charting)
gnu/build/linux-modules.scm:303:13: warning: possibly unbound variable `load-linux-module/fd'
### many other messages
```
I got that this is an optional feature of guix that requires guile-charting and do not affect to use. But is there a way to skip this check or make guile-charting installed as a dependency? I used to run `guix system` without `skip-checks` and run with `skip-checks` again after the former was failed, but this error still occurs.

* Re: Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting)
@ 2019-09-16  7:42 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2019-09-16  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 刘力铭; +Cc: help-guix

Hi,

> I'm installing Gnu GuixSD on a machine with a configuration slightly
> changed from "bare bones" and using `guix-daemon --cores=8
> --max-jobs=8 --substitute-urls="https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org"`

Note that mirror.hydra.gnu.org is defunct.  You should use
ci.guix.gnu.org, which is the only build farm that is provided by the
Guix project.

> I used to run `guix system` without `skip-checks` and run with
> `skip-checks` again after the former was failed, but this error still
> occurs.

The manual says:

‘--skip-checks’
     Skip pre-installation safety checks.

     By default, ‘guix system init’ and ‘guix system reconfigure’
     perform safety checks: they make sure the file systems that appear
     in the ‘operating-system’ declaration actually exist (*note File
     Systems::), and that any Linux kernel modules that may be needed at
     boot time are listed in ‘initrd-modules’ (*note Initial RAM
     Disk::).  Passing this option skips these tests altogether.

This is unrelated to compiling code that can use Guile Charting at
runtime.  The warning is harmless.

--
Ricardo

* Re: Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting)
@ 2019-09-16  9:53   ` 刘力铭
From: 刘力铭 @ 2019-09-16  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: help-guix

> Note that mirror.hydra.gnu.org is defunct.  You should use
> ci.guix.gnu.org, which is the only build farm that is provided by the
> Guix project.

Sadly, my network provider block ci.guix.gnu.org (I'm in mainland China)...
Is there a mirror for ci.guix.gnu.org? I just found some mirrors for hydra.

> This is unrelated to compiling code that can use Guile Charting at
> runtime.  The warning is harmless.

But this warning occurs as an error and block the installation process.

* Re: Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting)
@ 2019-09-16 11:07     ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2019-09-16 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 刘力铭; +Cc: help-guix

刘力铭 <liulm@ios.ac.cn> writes:

>> Note that mirror.hydra.gnu.org is defunct.  You should use
>> ci.guix.gnu.org, which is the only build farm that is provided by the
>> Guix project.
>
> Sadly, my network provider block ci.guix.gnu.org (I'm in mainland China)...
> Is there a mirror for ci.guix.gnu.org? I just found some mirrors for
> hydra.

It's not blocked for me (I have CMCC), and substitutes works, but the
url (a web ui for our CI) is 502 now.

>> This is unrelated to compiling code that can use Guile Charting at
>> runtime.  The warning is harmless.
>
> But this warning occurs as an error and block the installation process.

I think the real errors are at end of the message, could you check
again?

* Re: Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting)
@ 2019-09-16 13:30 刘力铭
From: 刘力铭 @ 2019-09-16 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: iyzsong; +Cc: help-guix

> >> Note that mirror.hydra.gnu.org is defunct.  You should use
> >> ci.guix.gnu.org, which is the only build farm that is provided by the
> >> Guix project.
> >
> > Sadly, my network provider block ci.guix.gnu.org (I'm in mainland China)...
> > Is there a mirror for ci.guix.gnu.org? I just found some mirrors for
> > hydra.
>
> It's not blocked for me (I have CMCC), and substitutes works, but the
> url (a web ui for our CI) is 502 now.

`ping ci.guix.gnu.org` result in 100% packet loss here.

> I think the real errors are at end of the message, could you check
> again?

Sorry, it's my fault. There is a bracktrace at the end of the file:
            4 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/qyc4...")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   191:35   3 (_ _)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   863:16   2 (every1 #<procedure 8bfc40 at /gnu/store/gfp...> ...)
In /gnu/store/gfp...-module-import/guix/build/gnu-build-system.scm:
   799:28   1 (_ _)
    369:6   0 (check #:target _ #:make-flags _ #:tests? _ # _ # _ # _)

/gnu/store/gfp...-module-import/guix/build/gnu-build-system.scm:369:6: In procedure check:
Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &invoke-error [program: "make" arguments: ("check") exit-status: 2 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f] 491100>)'.

Before the bracktrace, there are many tests exit with 77.

* Re: Failed to autoload make-page-map in (charting)
@ 2019-09-16 17:50     ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2019-09-16 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 刘力铭; +Cc: help-guix

刘力铭 <liulm@ios.ac.cn> writes:

>> Note that mirror.hydra.gnu.org is defunct.  You should use
>> ci.guix.gnu.org, which is the only build farm that is provided by the
>> Guix project.
>
> Sadly, my network provider block ci.guix.gnu.org (I'm in mainland China)...
> Is there a mirror for ci.guix.gnu.org? I just found some mirrors for hydra.

I’m still waiting for the IT department at the institute where the
servers behind ci.guix.gnu.org are hosted to update the firewall rules,
so that we can offer an rsync service for operators of mirrors.  At
least the package cache could then be served from elsewhere, hopefully
bypassing the Great Firewall.

>> This is unrelated to compiling code that can use Guile Charting at
>> runtime.  The warning is harmless.
>
> But this warning occurs as an error and block the installation process.

I don’t think this is the error that halts the installation.  The actual
error is probably closer to the bottom of the output.

--
Ricardo