unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* xclock package
@ 2019-01-11 21:25 Yoshinori Arai
From: Yoshinori Arai @ 2019-01-11 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

There is no xclock package in guix. I made it.
How can I add it to duix package, maybe in xdisorg.scm.

(use-modules (guix packages)
             (guix download)
             (gnu packages pkg-config)
             (gnu packages xorg)
             (guix build-system gnu)
             ((guix licenses) #:prefix license:))

(package
  (name "xclock")
  (version "1.0.7")
  (source
   (origin
     (method url-fetch)
     (uri (string-append "https://www.x.org/releases/individual/app/"
                         name "-" version ".tar.bz2"))
     (sha256
      (base32 "1l3xv4bsca6bwxx73jyjz0blav86i7vwffkhdb1ac81y9slyrki3"))))
  (build-system gnu-build-system)
  (arguments
   `(#:configure-flags
     (list (string-append "--with-appdefaultdir="
                          %output ,%app-defaults-dir))))
  (inputs
   `(("libxmu" ,libxmu)
     ("libx11" ,libx11)
     ("libxaw" ,libxaw)
     ("libxrender" ,libxrender)
     ("libxft" ,libxft)
     ("libxkbfile" ,libxkbfile)))
  (native-inputs
   `(("pkg-config" ,pkg-config)))
  (home-page "https://www.x.org/")
  (synopsis "analog / digital clock for X")
  (description "The xclock program displays the time in analog or digital
 form. The time is continuously updated at a frequency which may be specified
 by the user.")
  (license license:x11))

* Re: xclock package
@ 2019-01-11 22:20 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2019-01-11 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yoshinori Arai; +Cc: help-guix

On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 06:25:54AM +0900, Yoshinori Arai wrote:
> There is no xclock package in guix. I made it.
> How can I add it to duix package, maybe in xdisorg.scm.

The basic steps for adding a Guix package are this:

Install Guix:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Installation.html

Clone our Git repo:

Add your package to the relevant file. I think xdisorg.scm is fine.

Follow the Contributing section of our manual, especially the steps
Building from Git, Running Guix Before It Is Installed, and Submitting
Patches:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Contributing.html

Building from Git and Running Guix Before It Is Installed will help you
test your package.

Let us know if you need any help or if it is too much work! Somebody
will pick up the package for you and add it to Guix.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: xclock package
@ 2019-01-12  3:54   ` Yoshinori Arai
From: Yoshinori Arai @ 2019-01-12  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: help-guix

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 05:20:44PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 06:25:54AM +0900, Yoshinori Arai wrote:
> > There is no xclock package in guix. I made it.
> > How can I add it to duix package, maybe in xdisorg.scm.
>
> The basic steps for adding a Guix package are this:
>
> Install Guix:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Installation.html
>
> Clone our Git repo:
>
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git
>
> Add your package to the relevant file. I think xdisorg.scm is fine.
>
> Follow the Contributing section of our manual, especially the steps
> Building from Git, Running Guix Before It Is Installed, and Submitting
> Patches:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Contributing.html
>
> Building from Git and Running Guix Before It Is Installed will help you
> test your package.
>
> Let us know if you need any help or if it is too much work! Somebody
> will pick up the package for you and add it to Guix.

OK, I will try according to Contributing manual.

* Re: xclock package
@ 2019-01-12  9:05     ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2019-01-12  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yoshinori Arai; +Cc: help-guix

For more details, the packaging tutorial
(http://guix.info/blog/2018/a-packaging-tutorial-for-guix/) can help you out in
details through most steps.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: xclock package
@ 2019-01-12  9:30       ` Yoshinori Arai
From: Yoshinori Arai @ 2019-01-12  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Neidhardt; +Cc: help-guix

On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 10:05:01AM +0100, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
> For more details, the packaging tutorial
> (http://guix.info/blog/2018/a-packaging-tutorial-for-guix/) can help you out in
> details through most steps.
>
> --
> Pierre Neidhardt
> https://ambrevar.xyz/

Yes, I know that blog.
I'm building guix from git. It's under make check-system.