unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Revert dependencies graph
@ 2018-12-15 17:10 znavko
From: znavko @ 2018-12-15 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help Guix

Hello, Guix Help! Updating with `guix pull` and `guix package -u` has made me waiting for 3 hours already. webkitgtk is compiling so long.
I've checked all browsers I have and found this is epiphany that needs webkitgtk

$ guix package --show=epiphany | grep gtk
+ gnome-desktop@3.24.2 gsettings-desktop-schemas@3.24.1 gtk+@3.24.0
+ sqlite@3.24.0 webkitgtk@2.22.4
But I have not found in manual revert dependencies graph.
Does Guix can show revert dependencies? I want only type something to check what the package needs webkitgtk.

Please, let me know if Guix shows revert dependencies of installed packages?

* Re: Revert dependencies graph
@ 2018-12-15 18:34 ` Oleg Pykhalov
From: Oleg Pykhalov @ 2018-12-15 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: znavko; +Cc: Help Guix

Hello,

<znavko@tutanota.com> writes:

> Hello, Guix Help! Updating with `guix pull` and `guix package -u` has made me waiting for 3 hours already. webkitgtk is compiling so long.
> I've checked all browsers I have and found this is epiphany that needs webkitgtk
>
> $ guix package --show=epiphany | grep gtk
> + gnome-desktop@3.24.2 gsettings-desktop-schemas@3.24.1 gtk+@3.24.0
> + sqlite@3.24.0 webkitgtk@2.22.4
> But I have not found in manual revert dependencies graph.
> Does Guix can show revert dependencies? I want only type something to check what the package needs webkitgtk.
>
> Please, let me know if Guix shows revert dependencies of installed packages?

I had the same issue, but with qtwebkit.  Maybe this could help:
for i in $(guix package -I | awk '{print $1}') ; do guix graph $i | grep -q qtwebkit && echo $i ; done

Oleg.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Revert dependencies graph
@ 2018-12-15 19:10   ` znavko
From: znavko @ 2018-12-15 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Help Guix

Awesome Script!
Thank you, Oleg Pykhalov!

@ 2018-12-15 19:44 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2018-12-15 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: znavko; +Cc: Help Guix

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 06:10:10PM +0100, znavko@tutanota.com wrote:
> Hello, Guix Help! Updating with `guix pull` and `guix package -u` has made me waiting for 3 hours already. webkitgtk is compiling so long.
> I've checked all browsers I have and found this is epiphany that needs webkitgtk
>
> $ guix package --show=epiphany | grep gtk
> + gnome-desktop@3.24.2 gsettings-desktop-schemas@3.24.1 gtk+@3.24.0
> + sqlite@3.24.0 webkitgtk@2.22.4
> But I have not found in manual revert dependencies graph.
> Does Guix can show revert dependencies? I want only type something to check what the package needs webkitgtk.
>
> Please, let me know if Guix shows revert dependencies of installed packages?

`guix graph` can show the reverse dependency graph of a package. It does
not show the intersection of that graph with your installed packages,
but it still will help:

`guix graph --type=reverse-package webkitgtk | dot -Tsvg > ~/out.svg`

And then open the SVG image of the graph to view it.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Revert dependencies graph
@ 2018-12-15 19:55   ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2018-12-15 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)