unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* What about Gnash in Guix?
@ 2018-12-10 18:47 znavko
From: znavko @ 2018-12-10 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help Guix

Do you think flash-services are good or not?
I am asking about gnash in guix, cause there is one necessary service, that must work on a home PC, but no any flash-player possible in IceCat under GuixSD.
Want to know about developers' plans to port Gnash to Guix?

znavko.

* Re: What about Gnash in Guix?
@ 2018-12-10 19:24 ` swedebugia
From: swedebugia @ 2018-12-10 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: znavko; +Cc: Help Guix, Help-Guix

On 2018-12-10 19:47, znavko@tutanota.com wrote:
> Do you think flash-services are good or not?

Not. Often both non-free and dangerous.
I personally avoid it at all costs. The only places left in my sphere
that even mentions flash is the government backed broadcast corporation
SVT on their webpage. But they implemented html5 so it is no longer
needed and  I download the videoes regardless with youtube-dl.

> I am asking about gnash in guix, cause there is one necessary service,
> that must work on a home PC, but no any flash-player possible in
> IceCat under GuixSD.
>
> Want to know about developers' plans to port Gnash to Guix?

You are free to package it. I would most probably never use it.

--
Cheers
Swedebugia

* Re: What about Gnash in Guix?