unofficial mirror of guix-science@gnu.org
* Guix, research, and HPC workshop, Nov. 8–10: registrations open!
@ 2023-09-15  7:24 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2023-09-15  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-science, info-guix

The first Workshop on Reproducible Software Environments for Research
and High-Performance Computing (HPC) will take place in Montpellier,
France, November 8–10:

  https://hpc.guix.info/events/2023/workshop/

Attendance is free but we kindly invite you to register.

The program features talks by scientists, engineers, and system
administrators from different backgrounds who will share their
experience with GNU Guix, as well as tutorial on GitLab, Guix, and other
tools that support scientific workflows—from bioinfo analyses to HPC and
source code archival:

  https://hpc.guix.info/events/2023/workshop/program

We wish to make this workshop a hub for scientists and practitioners,
newcomers and experts.

See you in Montpellier!

Ludovic, on behalf of the program committee.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Guix, research, and HPC workshop, Nov. 8–10: registrations open!
@ 2023-09-15 22:41 ` Sébastien Lerique
From: Sébastien Lerique @ 2023-09-15 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-science

Dear Ludo,

Thanks for making this exist! Will it be possible to follow the talks
online, for people not able to come over physically?

Best,
Sébastien

@ 2023-09-17 10:08   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2023-09-17 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Lerique; +Cc: guix-science

Hi,

Sébastien Lerique <sl@eauchat.org> skribis:

> Thanks for making this exist! Will it be possible to follow the talks
> online, for people not able to come over physically?

Probably not, but we’re still discussing it.  Talks will be recorded
though.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: Guix,  research,  and HPC workshop,  Nov. 8–10: registrations open!
@ 2023-10-26  1:53 Suhail via Guix-Science
From: Suhail via Guix-Science @ 2023-10-26  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Sébastien Lerique, guix-science

Ludovic Courtès <ludovic.courtes@inria.fr> writes:

> Sébastien Lerique <sl@eauchat.org> skribis:
>
>> Thanks for making this exist! Will it be possible to follow the talks
>> online, for people not able to come over physically?
>
> Probably not, but we’re still discussing it.

is there still a possibility for there to be a live stream?

--
Suhail

* Re: Guix, research, and HPC workshop, Nov. 8–10: registrations open!
@ 2023-10-26 10:27 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2023-10-26 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suhail; +Cc: Sébastien Lerique, guix-science

Hi,

Suhail <suhail@bayesians.ca> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <ludovic.courtes@inria.fr> writes:
>
>> Sébastien Lerique <sl@eauchat.org> skribis:
>>
>>> Thanks for making this exist! Will it be possible to follow the talks
>>> online, for people not able to come over physically?
>>
>> Probably not, but we’re still discussing it.
>
> is there still a possibility for there to be a live stream?

Yes, it will likely be streamed, the local organization team is looking
into it.  More info will be published on the web site shortly before the
event.

Ludo’.

* Re: Guix,  research,  and HPC workshop,  Nov. 8–10: registrations open!
@ 2023-10-26 14:28   ` Suhail via Guix-Science
From: Suhail via Guix-Science @ 2023-10-26 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Suhail, Sébastien Lerique, guix-science

Ludovic Courtès <ludovic.courtes@inria.fr> writes:

> Yes, it will likely be streamed, the local organization team is looking
> into it.

That's good to hear; thank you for the update (and to the organizing
team for the logistics).

--
Suhail

This email is not an offer capable of acceptance, does not evidence an intention
to enter into an agreement, has no operative effect until a definitive agreement
is signed in writing by both parties, and that no party should act in reliance
on the email or any representations of the sender until a definitive agreement
is signed in writing by both parties.

This email may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or
exempt from disclosure.  No waiver whatsoever is intended by sending this e-mail
which is intended only for the named recipient(s).  Unauthorized use,
dissemination or copying is prohibited.  If you receive this email in error,
please notify the sender and destroy all copies of this email.