unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Any go expert willing to help with updating IPFS?
@ 2021-12-13  7:51 Konrad Hinsen
From: Konrad Hinsen @ 2021-12-13  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hi Guix,

the version of IPFS in Guix is 0.8, and in view of the important changes
introduced in 0.10, that's obsolete by now. Which is why I am trying to
update to 0.11.

My current package definition is attached. It fails, but provides no
clear hint (to the Go ignorant that I am) about what is actually going
wrong:

   starting phase `build'
   src/github.com/ipfs/go-ipfs/vendor/github.com/lucas-clemente/quic-go/internal/qerr/error_codes.go:6:2: build constraints exclude all Go files in /tmp/guix-build-go-ipfs-0.11.0.drv-0/src/github.com/ipfs/go-ipfs/vendor/github.com/lucas-clemente/quic-go/internal/qtls
   Building 'github.com/ipfs/go-ipfs/cmd/ipfs' failed.

The build log then shows the results of `go env`, where nothing looks
suspicious to me. Then another cryptic line:

   command "go" "install" "-v" "-x" "-ldflags=-s -w" "github.com/ipfs/go-ipfs/cmd/ipfs" failed with status 1

Does anyone have an idea for debugging this issue?

Cheers,
  Konrad.

* Re: Any go expert willing to help with updating IPFS?
@ 2021-12-13 10:01 ` Konrad Hinsen
From: Konrad Hinsen @ 2021-12-13 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hinsen@fastmail.net> writes:

> My current package definition is attached.

Well, now it is:

(define-public go-ipfs
  (package
    (name "go-ipfs")
    (version "0.11.0")
    (source
     (origin
       (method url-fetch/tarbomb)
       (uri (string-append
             "https://dist.ipfs.io/go-ipfs/v" version
             "/go-ipfs-source.tar.gz"))
       (sha256
        (base32 "13pmj83hwpz6mk7x52qn0cjnfqxqw2qri3r0k4b270w3bafcccwm"))
       (file-name (string-append name "-" version "-source"))))
    (build-system go-build-system)
    (arguments
     '(#:unpack-path "github.com/ipfs/go-ipfs"
       #:import-path "github.com/ipfs/go-ipfs/cmd/ipfs"
       #:phases (modify-phases %standard-phases
                  (add-before 'reset-gzip-timestamps 'make-files-writable
                    (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
                      ;; Make sure .gz files are writable so that the
                      ;; 'reset-gzip-timestamps' phase can do its work.
                      (let ((out (assoc-ref outputs "out")))
                        (for-each make-file-writable
                                  (find-files out "\\.gz$"))
                        #t))))))
    (native-inputs
     `(("python" ,python-minimal-wrapper)
       ("zsh" ,zsh)))
    (home-page "https://ipfs.io")
    (synopsis "Go implementation of IPFS, a peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol")
    (description "IPFS is a global, versioned, peer-to-peer file system.  It
combines good ideas from Git, BitTorrent, Kademlia, SFS, and the Web.  It is
like a single bittorrent swarm, exchanging git objects.  IPFS provides an
interface as simple as the HTTP web, but with permanence built in.  You can
also mount the world at @code{/ipfs}.")
    (license license:expat)))

* Re: Any go expert willing to help with updating IPFS?
@ 2021-12-13 14:52 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2021-12-13 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konrad Hinsen,
	Christopher Baines via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.

It's likely that you need to use a newer version of Go.

@ 2021-12-13 15:37   ` Konrad Hinsen
From: Konrad Hinsen @ 2021-12-13 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari, guix-devel

"Leo Famulari" <leo@famulari.name> writes:

> It's likely that you need to use a newer version of Go.

Thanks, that did it! With go-1.17 it compiles fine.

Cheers,
  Konrad