unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Advice needed on gcc error
@ 2014-11-20 21:32 Saul Hazledine
From: Saul Hazledine @ 2014-11-20 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,
   I installed guix 0.8 into a virtual machine and I hit a problem which
might be user error or a bug. I thought this would be the right mailing
list to get help - apologies if it isn't.

I have a running installation of guix/gnu os and wanted to install vim:
   guix package -i vim

I am not using hydra and so the package manager went ahead and tried to
download and compile the internet (which is what I wanted because I am
experimenting with the OS). I hit what could be a compilation error in
gcc 4.8.3:
    Makefile:3584: recipe for target 's-attrtab' failed

This led me to the reason I am contacting the list. A newly installed
guix machine is pretty basic and does not seem to have any way I report
a bug from the build other than typing it myself - am I missing a more
convenient method.

Thanks in advance for any help with the gcc error or the "how to report
a problem" error.

Saul Hazledine