unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* PhD position in the area of secure software supply chain
@ 2020-12-03 20:47 Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2020-12-03 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, bootstrappable

Hi Guix and bootstrappable!

If any of you is considering starting a PhD, there is one position at
KTH (Sweden). The topic is on bootstrapping and DDC (double divers
compilation), and it's all motivated by the Trusting Trust talk by Ken
Thompson, which is very famous in our community I think :)

Please see the following link for details and application:

https://softwarediversity.eu/hardening-the-software-supply-chain-with-multi-compilers/

Note that you won't work with me, I'm only relaying what I think is a
great opportunity if you're in that stage in your studies. It's really
awesome to see something like that, so close to some of our favorite
topics :)

* Re: PhD position in the area of secure software supply chain
@ 2020-12-04 10:26 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2020-12-04 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Lepiller, guix-devel

Hi Julien

On Thu, 03 Dec 2020 at 21:47, Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu> wrote:

> https://softwarediversity.eu/hardening-the-software-supply-chain-with-multi-compilers/

Cool! :-)

Aside, reading a bit some links from there, I am asking myself if Guix
should not be the right platform to test DDC and diversity.  And if non,
what should be missing?

Cheers,
simon

* Re: PhD position in the area of secure software supply chain
@ 2020-12-04 20:32 ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2020-12-04 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Lepiller, guix-devel, bootstrappable

Hi!

On a side-note, if those interested would like to know more about moving
there and how life can be like in Stockholm, I'd be happy to discuss it
since I've spent some time over there and I've studied at KTH :) Feel free to
message me!

Cheers!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Declaring channel dependencies in the operating-system configuration
@ 2020-12-04 22:22   ` Elais Player
From: Elais Player @ 2020-12-04 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel