unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* planned downtime for ci.guix.gnu.org this Friday
@ 2020-03-02 14:51 Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2020-03-02 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

Hi there,

on Friday (March 6) the head node and the big storage for
ci.guix.gnu.org will need to be moved to a different aisle in the MDC
data centre.  This will require a short downtime as we need to shut off
ci.guix.gnu.org for a little while.  We will also take some time to
apply firmware updates, which will delay the reboot.

We expect that this will take less than a day.

--
Ricardo

* Re: planned downtime for ci.guix.gnu.org this Friday
@ 2020-03-03  6:16 ` Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2020-03-03  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rekado; +Cc: guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

> on Friday (March 6) the head node and the big storage for
> ci.guix.gnu.org will need to be moved to a different aisle in the MDC
> data centre.  This will require a short downtime as we need to shut off
> ci.guix.gnu.org for a little while.  We will also take some time to
> apply firmware updates, which will delay the reboot.
>
> We expect that this will take less than a day.

Thanks for looking after this Ricardo :)

Maybe it's worth emailing info-guix [1] as well?

Chris

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: planned downtime for ci.guix.gnu.org this Friday
@ 2020-03-06 15:45 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2020-03-06 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

> on Friday (March 6) the head node and the big storage for
> ci.guix.gnu.org will need to be moved to a different aisle in the MDC
> data centre.  This will require a short downtime as we need to shut off
> ci.guix.gnu.org for a little while.  We will also take some time to
> apply firmware updates, which will delay the reboot.
>
> We expect that this will take less than a day.

ci.guix.gnu.org has been moved successfully and is back online now.

--

@ 2020-03-06 16:33   ` aviva
From: aviva @ 2020-03-06 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

On 3/6/20 10:45 AM, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

It is too bad that it continues to have that post assualting Richard
Stallman's crditbility.  You would help your project a great deal to
remove that from your blog.

Aviva

@ 2020-03-07 12:26     ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2020-03-07 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Am 06.03.20 um 17:33 schrieb aviva:
> It is too bad that it continues to have that post assualting Richard
> Stallman's crditbility.  You would help your project a great deal to
> remove that from your blog.

This statement is unrelated to the thread topic. Also this has been
discussed in length already. So please stop trolling.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |