unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Bytestructures 2.0
@ 2022-02-25 20:57 Taylan Kammer
From: Taylan Kammer @ 2022-02-25 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hi Guix,

I've just sent a patch (to guix-patches) that updates bytestructures to
version 2.0.1.

The bump in major version is due to a small API change:

The indexing semantics of bs:pointer would previously implicitly dereference
the pointer when any index other than '* was provided, whereas in this version
the dereference must be explicit, and can be '* or an integer that represents
an offset from the pointer address a la *(ptr + i) in C.

Since the change is for such a niche use-case, I thought that creating a
separate bytestructures-2.0 package would be overkill.

After updating, I've built all packages in Guix that I could detect which
depend on guile-bytestructures.  All those that had a test suite, passed it.
Some did not have a test suite.

(Interestingly, guile-wiredtiger was failing to build even before the
update, because it needed to depend on guile2.2-bytestructures since it
depends on guile-2.2.  I've sent an according patch as well.)

If you're the maintainer of a package that uses bytestructures and have an
issue with which you need assistance, feel free to send me a private mail
as sometimes I end up only skimming the Guix ML.

--
Taylan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-02-25 20:59 UTC | newest]