unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* [maintenance] Compressed JSON files and served file extension?
@ 2023-10-12 13:15 Simon Tournier
From: Simon Tournier @ 2023-10-12 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hi,

I have just noticed that:

    1123fd8 hydra: build-package-metadata: Compress JSON files.

Cool!

However, now I get:

$ wget https://guix.gnu.org/sources.json
$ cat sources.json | jq | head
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 16
cat: write error: Broken pipe

and it does not appear to me obvious what is wrong here.

Could we have https://guix.gnu.org/sources.json.gz instead?  The
name is self-consistent.

Well, it will break some consumers of packages.json and sources.json.
To my knowledge, for sources.json at least, the only consumer is SWH and
it appears to me easy to keep them in touch. :-)

Cheers,
simon