unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* GDB-multiarch
@ 2023-08-27 18:51 Ekaitz Zarraga
From: Ekaitz Zarraga @ 2023-08-27 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel\@gnu.org

Hi all,

As you might know I'm talking part on the RISC-V bootstrapping efforts in Guix.
This makes me need a multi-architecture GDB. So I made this simple package:

``` scheme
(define-module (gdb)
  #:use-module (gnu packages)
  #:use-module (gnu packages gdb)
  #:use-module ((guix licenses) #:select (gpl3+))
  #:use-module (guix packages)
  #:use-module (guix utils))

(define-public gdb-multiarch-12
  (package
    (inherit gdb/pinned)
    (name "gdb-multiarch")
    (version "12.1")
    (arguments
     `(#:configure-flags
       (list "--enable-targets=all")
       ,@(package-arguments gdb-12)))
    (properties '())))

(define-public gdb-multiarch gdb-multiarch-12)
```

We could think about upstreaming it, probably replacing the output `gdb` binary
with `gdb-multiarch` as I think Debian does.

I think this might be interesting for many others.

WDYT?

ElenQ Technology
Ethical Innovation

* Re: GDB-multiarch
@ 2023-08-28 11:04 ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2023-08-28 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ekaitz Zarraga; +Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org

Ekaitz Zarraga <ekaitz@elenq.tech> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> As you might know I'm talking part on the RISC-V bootstrapping efforts in Guix.
> This makes me need a multi-architecture GDB. So I made this simple package:
>
> ``` scheme
> (define-module (gdb)
>   #:use-module (gnu packages)
>   #:use-module (gnu packages gdb)
>   #:use-module ((guix licenses) #:select (gpl3+))
>   #:use-module (guix packages)
>   #:use-module (guix utils))
>
> (define-public gdb-multiarch-12
>   (package
>     (inherit gdb/pinned)
>     (name "gdb-multiarch")
>     (version "12.1")
>     (arguments
>      `(#:configure-flags
>        (list "--enable-targets=all")
>        ,@(package-arguments gdb-12)))
>     (properties '())))
>
> (define-public gdb-multiarch gdb-multiarch-12)
> ```
>
> We could think about upstreaming it, probably replacing the output `gdb` binary
> with `gdb-multiarch` as I think Debian does.
>
> I think this might be interesting for many others.
>
> WDYT?
>

> ElenQ Technology
> Ethical Innovation

Hello, I have pushed one 'gdb-multiarch' into master as commit ceff14b7cd4.

It have different arguments, which I copied from other places..

+(define-public gdb-multiarch
+  (package/inherit gdb-12
+    (name "gdb-multiarch")
+    (arguments
+     `(#:configure-flags
+       (list "--enable-targets=all"
+             "--enable-multilib"
+             "--enable-interwork"
+             "--enable-languages=c,c++"
+             "--disable-nls")
+       ,@(package-arguments gdb-12)))
+    (synopsis "The GNU debugger (with all architectures enabled)")))

Does it works for you?  Thanks.

* Re: GDB-multiarch
@ 2023-08-28 11:08   ` Ekaitz Zarraga
From: Ekaitz Zarraga @ 2023-08-28 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 宋文武; +Cc: guix-devel\@gnu.org

ElenQ Technology
Ethical Innovation

> > As you might know I'm talking part on the RISC-V bootstrapping efforts in Guix.
> > This makes me need a multi-architecture GDB. So I made this simple package:
> >
> > ``` scheme
> > (define-module (gdb)
> > #:use-module (gnu packages)
> > #:use-module (gnu packages gdb)
> > #:use-module ((guix licenses) #:select (gpl3+))
> > #:use-module (guix packages)
> > #:use-module (guix utils))
> >
> > (define-public gdb-multiarch-12
> > (package
> > (inherit gdb/pinned)
> > (name "gdb-multiarch")
> > (version "12.1")
> > (arguments
> > `(#:configure-flags
> > (list "--enable-targets=all")
> > ,@(package-arguments gdb-12)))
> > (properties '())))
> >
> > (define-public gdb-multiarch gdb-multiarch-12)
> > ```
> >
> > We could think about upstreaming it, probably replacing the output `gdb` binary
> > with `gdb-multiarch` as I think Debian does.
> >
> > I think this might be interesting for many others.
> >
> > WDYT?
> >
> > ElenQ Technology
> > Ethical Innovation
>

> Hello, I have pushed one 'gdb-multiarch' into master as commit ceff14b7cd4.
>
> It have different arguments, which I copied from other places..
>
> +(define-public gdb-multiarch
> + (package/inherit gdb-12
> + (name "gdb-multiarch")
> + (arguments
> + `(#:configure-flags
> + (list "--enable-targets=all"
> + "--enable-multilib"
> + "--enable-interwork"
> + "--enable-languages=c,c++"
> + "--disable-nls")
> + ,@(package-arguments gdb-12)))
> + (synopsis "The GNU debugger (with all architectures enabled)")))
>

> Does it works for you? Thanks.

Yeah, sure!
Thanks a lot!