unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Dinner in Brussels?
@ 2018-01-30 12:34 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-01-30 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix!

To those going to the Guix workshop in Brussels this Friday: who’s in
for dinner (+ drink) on Friday evening?

Even better: who would like to book something (I’m looking at you,
Brusselers ;-))?

Actually I’m arriving on Thursday afternoon, so if people are around,
I’d be happy to have dinner on Thursday evening too!  :-) Let’s arrange
something.

Ludo’.

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
@ 2018-01-30 13:06 ` Ricardo Wurmus
                   ` (9 subsequent siblings)
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2018-01-30 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> To those going to the Guix workshop in Brussels this Friday: who’s in
> for dinner (+ drink) on Friday evening?

I’m in!

> Actually I’m arriving on Thursday afternoon, so if people are around,
> I’d be happy to have dinner on Thursday evening too!  :-) Let’s arrange
> something.

I’ll arrive in Brussels after 10:30pm on Thursday, so I’d have to skip.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
@ 2018-01-30 13:09 ` Julien Lepiller
                   ` (8 subsequent siblings)
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2018-01-30 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Le 30 janvier 2018 13:34:46 GMT+01:00, ludo@gnu.org a écrit :
>Hello Guix!
>
>To those going to the Guix workshop in Brussels this Friday: who’s in
>for dinner (+ drink) on Friday evening?
>
>Even better: who would like to book something (I’m looking at you,
>Brusselers ;-))?
>
>Actually I’m arriving on Thursday afternoon, so if people are around,
>I’d be happy to have dinner on Thursday evening too!  :-) Let’s arrange
>something.
>
>Ludo’.

I'm in for dinner!

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
@ 2018-01-30 13:10   ` Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2018-01-30 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Lepiller; +Cc: Guix-devel

> Le 30 janvier 2018 13:34:46 GMT+01:00, ludo@gnu.org a écrit :
>>
>> Hello Guix!
>>
>> To those going to the Guix workshop in Brussels this Friday: who’s in
>> for dinner (+ drink) on Friday evening?
>>
>> Even better: who would like to book something (I’m looking at you,
>> Brusselers ;-))?
>>
>> Actually I’m arriving on Thursday afternoon, so if people are around,
>> I’d be happy to have dinner on Thursday evening too!  :-) Let’s arrange
>> something.
>>
>> Ludo’.
>>

> I'm in for dinner!

I'm in for dinner also!

> --
> Envoyé de mon appareil Android avec Courriel K-9 Mail. Veuillez excuser ma
> brièveté.

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
@ 2018-01-30 13:20     ` Amirouche Boubekki
From: Amirouche Boubekki @ 2018-01-30 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gábor Boskovits; +Cc: guix-devel

In for dinner on Friday.

Le 30 janv. 2018 2:11 PM, "Gábor Boskovits" <boskovits@gmail.com> a écrit :

>> Le 30 janvier 2018 13:34:46 GMT+01:00, ludo@gnu.org a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hello Guix!
>>>
>>> To those going to the Guix workshop in Brussels this Friday: who’s in
>>> for dinner (+ drink) on Friday evening?
>>>
>>> Even better: who would like to book something (I’m looking at you,
>>> Brusselers ;-))?
>>>
>>> Actually I’m arriving on Thursday afternoon, so if people are around,
>>> I’d be happy to have dinner on Thursday evening too!  :-) Let’s arrange
>>> something.
>>>
>>> Ludo’.
>>>

>> I'm in for dinner!
>>

> I'm in for dinner also!
>
>> --
>> Envoyé de mon appareil Android avec Courriel K-9 Mail. Veuillez excuser
>> ma brièveté.

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
@ 2018-01-30 13:38       ` Jelle Licht
From: Jelle Licht @ 2018-01-30 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amirouche Boubekki; +Cc: guix-devel

Me and Michiel would also like to be there on Friday.

:

> In for dinner on Friday.
>
> Le 30 janv. 2018 2:11 PM, "Gábor Boskovits" <boskovits@gmail.com> a
> écrit :

>>> I'm in for dinner!
>>>

>> I'm in for dinner also!
>>
>>> --
>>> Envoyé de mon appareil Android avec Courriel K-9 Mail. Veuillez excuser
>>> ma brièveté.

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
@ 2018-01-30 18:20 ` Danny Milosavljevic
                   ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: Danny Milosavljevic @ 2018-01-30 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 13:34:46 +0100
ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:

> Hello Guix!
>
> To those going to the Guix workshop in Brussels this Friday: who’s in
> for dinner (+ drink) on Friday evening?

I'm in.

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-01-30 19:28 ` Christopher Baines
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Christopher Baines @ 2018-01-30 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> To those going to the Guix workshop in Brussels this Friday: who’s in
> for dinner (+ drink) on Friday evening?

Definately :)

> Actually I’m arriving on Thursday afternoon, so if people are around,
> I’d be happy to have dinner on Thursday evening too!  :-) Let’s arrange
> something.

I'll be around, but I'm arriving later around 20:30 which is maybe too
late for dinner, but I'd be up for drinks if that happens.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-01-30 19:53 ` Roel Janssen
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Roel Janssen @ 2018-01-30 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
> To those going to the Guix workshop in Brussels this Friday: who’s in
> for dinner (+ drink) on Friday evening?

I'd like to join if that's possible.

> Even better: who would like to book something (I’m looking at you,
> Brusselers ;-))?
>
> Actually I’m arriving on Thursday afternoon, so if people are around,
> I’d be happy to have dinner on Thursday evening too!  :-) Let’s arrange
> something.

I will be in Brussels around 10 PM or so.  So I won't join on Thursday.

> Ludo’.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Roel Janssen

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-01-30 22:37 ` Carlo Zancanaro
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Carlo Zancanaro @ 2018-01-30 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Tue, Jan 30 2018, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> To those going to the Guix workshop in Brussels this Friday:
> who’s in
> for dinner (+ drink) on Friday evening?

I'm in, assuming my wife is welcome as well.

Carlo

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
@ 2018-01-31  3:16 Alex ter Weele
From: Alex ter Weele @ 2018-01-31  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: julien, guix-devel

I would be happy to meet and eat Thursday and Friday!

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-01-31  7:44 ` Pjotr Prins
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Pjotr Prins @ 2018-01-31  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 01:34:46PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Even better: who would like to book something (I’m looking at you,
> Brusselers ;-))?

In the hacker spirit I suggest we have pizza on Friday. It needs to be
booked.

Pj.

* Thursday dinner in Brussels
@ 2018-01-31 14:02 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-01-31 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex ter Weele, Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel

Hey hey!

For those of us available on Thursday evening (that’s ~4 people
currently?), I suggest meeting in the bar called “Au Bon Vieux Temps”
downtown around 7PM, and from there we can look for a place to eat:

  https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4120134090

If anyone has a mobile phone, perhaps you can share your number off-list
with Chris Baines, who said will arrive later.

I expect to be on #guix in the late afternoon, too.

See you soon!  :-)

Ludo’.

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-01-31 18:41 ` Alex Sassmannshausen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Alex Sassmannshausen @ 2018-01-31 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it and won't be able to help
organize either.  It sounds like a great crowd though, so I'm jealous
I'll be missing it!

Alex

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
> To those going to the Guix workshop in Brussels this Friday: who’s in
> for dinner (+ drink) on Friday evening?
>
> Even better: who would like to book something (I’m looking at you,
> Brusselers ;-))?
>
> Actually I’m arriving on Thursday afternoon, so if people are around,
> I’d be happy to have dinner on Thursday evening too!  :-) Let’s arrange
> something.
>
> Ludo’.

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-01-31 18:55 ` Marius Bakke
From: Marius Bakke @ 2018-01-31 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès, guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> To those going to the Guix workshop in Brussels this Friday: who’s in
> for dinner (+ drink) on Friday evening?

I'm in, with a friend you met last year :)

Did we settle on a venue for the workshop yet?

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
                   ` (8 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-01-31 22:19 ` Björn Höfling
From: Björn Höfling @ 2018-01-31 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Guix,

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 13:34:46 +0100
ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:

> Hello Guix!
>
> To those going to the Guix workshop in Brussels this Friday: who’s in
> for dinner (+ drink) on Friday evening?
>
> Even better: who would like to book something (I’m looking at you,
> Brusselers ;-))?
>
> Actually I’m arriving on Thursday afternoon, so if people are around,
> I’d be happy to have dinner on Thursday evening too!  :-) Let’s
> arrange something.

If there is space left, I would join for the dinner on Friday. Has
someone reserved a restaurant yet? I enjoyed the Lebanese food from
last year very much, though it was maybe a bit of a small and narrow
room?

I don't know yet if I join tomorrow night.

Björn

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
@ 2018-01-31 23:43   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-01-31 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Björn Höfling; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello,

Björn Höfling <bjoern.hoefling@bjoernhoefling.de> skribis:

> If there is space left, I would join for the dinner on Friday. Has
> someone reserved a restaurant yet? I enjoyed the Lebanese food from
> last year very much, though it was maybe a bit of a small and narrow
> room?

I enjoyed it too, but if we’re going to be 20–30 on Friday, that may be
too small indeed.

(Were you volunteering to actually book something?  :-))

Ludo’.

* Re: Thursday dinner in Brussels
@ 2018-02-01  9:47   ` Chris Marusich
From: Chris Marusich @ 2018-02-01  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel, Alex ter Weele

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Hey hey!
>
> For those of us available on Thursday evening (that’s ~4 people
> currently?), I suggest meeting in the bar called “Au Bon Vieux Temps”
> downtown around 7PM, and from there we can look for a place to eat:
>
>   https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4120134090
>
> If anyone has a mobile phone, perhaps you can share your number off-list
> with Chris Baines, who said will arrive later.
>
> I expect to be on #guix in the late afternoon, too.
>
> See you soon!  :-)
>
> Ludo’.

I arrived just now; I'm staying at ICAB.  I'd love to join you and the
others for dinner tonight (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday)!

For tonight, that location looks great!  I'm going to spend most of
today wandering around central Brussels, so I'll meet you and the others
there at 7 pm.

I have a mobile phone.  It's cheap to send/receive data (like email) and
texts, but it's expensive to make voice calls.  I'll share some more
detailed contact info privately with you and the others who have said
they will be coming tonight, including Chris Baines.

I'm looking forward to it!

--
Chris

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Thursday dinner in Brussels
@ 2018-02-01 10:12     ` julien lepiller
From: julien lepiller @ 2018-02-01 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Le 2018-02-01 10:47, Chris Marusich a écrit :
> ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>> Hey hey!
>>
>> For those of us available on Thursday evening (that’s ~4 people
>> currently?), I suggest meeting in the bar called “Au Bon Vieux Temps”
>> downtown around 7PM, and from there we can look for a place to eat:
>>
>>   https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4120134090
>>
>> If anyone has a mobile phone, perhaps you can share your number
>> off-list
>> with Chris Baines, who said will arrive later.
>>
>> I expect to be on #guix in the late afternoon, too.
>>
>> See you soon!  :-)
>>
>> Ludo’.
>
> I arrived just now; I'm staying at ICAB.  I'd love to join you and the
> others for dinner tonight (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday)!
>
> For tonight, that location looks great!  I'm going to spend most of
> today wandering around central Brussels, so I'll meet you and the
> others
> there at 7 pm.
>
> I have a mobile phone.  It's cheap to send/receive data (like email)
> and
> texts, but it's expensive to make voice calls.  I'll share some more
> detailed contact info privately with you and the others who have said
> they will be coming tonight, including Chris Baines.
>
> I'm looking forward to it!

Hi,

I think there was a misunderstanding, I received contact information
from two
people already so you probably thought I would be there on thursday.
Actually
I will be arriving around noon on Friday. I'm in for Friday dinner of
course.
Sorry for the confusion.

* Re: Thursday dinner in Brussels
@ 2018-02-01 10:19       ` Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2018-02-01 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: julien lepiller; +Cc: Guix-devel

> Le 2018-02-01 10:47, Chris Marusich a écrit :
>
>> ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>>
>> Hey hey!
>>>
>>> For those of us available on Thursday evening (that’s ~4 people
>>> currently?), I suggest meeting in the bar called “Au Bon Vieux Temps”
>>> downtown around 7PM, and from there we can look for a place to eat:
>>>
>>>   https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4120134090
>>>
>>> If anyone has a mobile phone, perhaps you can share your number off-list
>>> with Chris Baines, who said will arrive later.
>>>
>>> I expect to be on #guix in the late afternoon, too.
>>>
>>> See you soon!  :-)
>>>
>>> Ludo’.
>>>

>> I arrived just now; I'm staying at ICAB.  I'd love to join you and the
>> others for dinner tonight (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday)!
>>
>> For tonight, that location looks great!  I'm going to spend most of
>> today wandering around central Brussels, so I'll meet you and the others
>> there at 7 pm.
>>
>> I have a mobile phone.  It's cheap to send/receive data (like email) and
>> texts, but it's expensive to make voice calls.  I'll share some more
>> detailed contact info privately with you and the others who have said
>> they will be coming tonight, including Chris Baines.
>>
>> I'm looking forward to it!
>>

> Hi,
>
> I think there was a misunderstanding, I received contact information from
> two
> people already so you probably thought I would be there on thursday.
> Actually
> I will be arriving around noon on Friday. I'm in for Friday dinner of
> course.
> Sorry for the confusion.
>
> I will also arrive only on Friday

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
@ 2018-02-01 11:42     ` Björn Höfling
From: Björn Höfling @ 2018-02-01 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Thu, 01 Feb 2018 00:43:33 +0100
ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Björn Höfling <bjoern.hoefling@bjoernhoefling.de> skribis:
>
> > If there is space left, I would join for the dinner on Friday. Has
> > someone reserved a restaurant yet? I enjoyed the Lebanese food from
> > last year very much, though it was maybe a bit of a small and narrow
> > room?
>
> I enjoyed it too, but if we’re going to be 20–30 on Friday, that may
> be too small indeed.
>
> (Were you volunteering to actually book something?  :-))

This looks like it's a bigger job. First, I have to program an AI that
scans through the restaurants pictures and analyzes its capacity...

No, really, I have the felling many restaurants I found are quite nice
and cozy, but as small as the one we had last year. The second night we
ran into a quite big one with 3 floors and much space, but I can't
remember its name/location any more.

Here is one shot I got:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g188644-d8461423-Reviews-Le_Bistro-Brussels.html

It has an upper floor, so we can be a bit separated, but maybe it's too
far away from ICAB (45m walk,
https://maps.openrouteservice.org/directions?n1=50.841693&n2=4.359813&n3=14&a=50.849937,4.374543,50.833454,4.3452&b=2&c=0&g1=-1&g2=0&k1=en-US&k2=km)?

What do you think? Maybe it would be easier to ran into one tonight in
RL instead of spending hours in internet search?

Björn

* Re: Dinner in Brussels?
                   ` (9 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-02-01 18:07 ` Thomas Danckaert
From: Thomas Danckaert @ 2018-02-01 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel

From: ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès)
Subject: Dinner in Brussels?
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 13:34:46 +0100

> To those going to the Guix workshop in Brussels this Friday: who’s
> in
> for dinner (+ drink) on Friday evening?

Hi,

I probably won't be able to come tomorrow (all day and evening) due
to unforeseen extra work.  With a lot of luck, I might be able to
join late afternoon/evening.

I wish you a fun and fruitful meeting!

Thomas