unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* repot: problems building guixsd in Asia
@ 2015-12-18  9:01 Dika Setya Prayogi
From: Dika Setya Prayogi @ 2015-12-18  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

building guixsd in Asia with guix system init become very slow to
download package. to many timeout result in http error, switching with
--no-subtitutes goes the same but looks like it can fix the http error
with the cost of double download the packages. finally all packages
has been build but sadly grub-install returned an error that made me
init with --no-grub option.

 /usr/sbin/grub-bios-setup: warning: File system `ext2' doesn't
support embedding.
 /usr/sbin/grub-bios-setup: warning: Embedding is not possible.  GRUB
can only be    installed in this setup by using blocklists.  However,
blocklists are UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged..
 /usr/sbin/grub-bios-setup: error: will not proceed with blocklists.

can anyone give me a suggestion ? I do an usual cfdisk /dev/sdb with
default size and mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb then mount it, this method just
work with my previous linux libre os. Im already pointed my dev in
mnt/etc/config.scm, oh yes the device is the same 16gb toshiba
flashdisk

* Re: repot: problems building guixsd in Asia
@ 2015-12-18 10:25 ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2015-12-18 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dika Setya Prayogi; +Cc: guix-devel

Dika Setya Prayogi <dikasetyaprayogi@gmail.com> writes:

> building guixsd in Asia with guix system init become very slow to
> download package. to many timeout result in http error, switching with
> --no-subtitutes goes the same but looks like it can fix the http error
> with the cost of double download the packages. finally all packages
> has been build but sadly grub-install returned an error that made me
> init with --no-grub option.
>
>  /usr/sbin/grub-bios-setup: warning: File system `ext2' doesn't
> support embedding.
>  /usr/sbin/grub-bios-setup: warning: Embedding is not possible.  GRUB
> can only be    installed in this setup by using blocklists.  However,
> blocklists are UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged..
>  /usr/sbin/grub-bios-setup: error: will not proceed with blocklists.
This happened when try to install Grub into a partition instead of
a device.  So instead of ’/dev/sdzX’, ’/dev/sdz’ should be used as the
device field of grub-configuration.

* Re: repot: problems building guixsd in Asia
@ 2015-12-22 10:32   ` Dika Setya Prayogi
From: Dika Setya Prayogi @ 2015-12-22 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 宋文武; +Cc: guix-devel

well trying to install it back once a while and it finally work, dont
sure what's wrong with the last installation

this time I use an gparted to partition the disk