unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Hello Guix!
@ 2023-03-21 11:21 Vijaya Anand
From: Vijaya Anand @ 2023-03-21 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel; +Cc: pukkamustard

Hi Everyone,

I am Vijaya Anand, a mathematics undergraduate studying in IITK, India. I
am interested in the topics distributed systems and cryptography and have
been self-reading on these topics a lot recently. I wanted to participate
in GSoC this summer and while browsing some interesting organizations, I
came across guix and the project 'Decentralized Substitute Distribution'
sparked my interest a lot. I have recently been interacting with
pukkamustard, who is mentoring this project, and got to know a handful
about this project and how we can distribute substitutes using any p2p
network using ERIS. This project matched my interests and I'm very excited
to work on this. Hoping to interact with the community and contribute to
guix!

Thank you
Vijaya Anand

* Re: Hello Guix!
@ 2023-03-23 20:50 ` (
From: ( @ 2023-03-23 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijaya Anand, guix-devel; +Cc: pukkamustard

On Tue Mar 21, 2023 at 11:21 AM GMT, Vijaya Anand wrote:
> I am Vijaya Anand, a mathematics undergraduate studying in IITK, India. I
> am interested in the topics distributed systems and cryptography and have
> been self-reading on these topics a lot recently. I wanted to participate
> in GSoC this summer and while browsing some interesting organizations, I
> came across guix and the project 'Decentralized Substitute Distribution'
> sparked my interest a lot. I have recently been interacting with
> pukkamustard, who is mentoring this project, and got to know a handful
> about this project and how we can distribute substitutes using any p2p
> network using ERIS. This project matched my interests and I'm very excited
> to work on this. Hoping to interact with the community and contribute to
> guix!

Hello Vijaya!  More decentralisation for substitutes is definitely something we
need; it's been discussed a lot, but there's not been much action on it, as far
as I can tell, so contributions in that space would be very welcome :)

    -- (

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Hello Guix!
@ 2023-03-24 13:58 ` pukkamustard
From: pukkamustard @ 2023-03-24 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijaya Anand; +Cc: guix-devel, Attila Lendvai

Hi Vijaya,

A very warm welcome to Guix! As mentioned by (, contributions towards
decentralization of substitutes are very welcome!

Guix, Vijaya has been in contact with me and some concrete ideas for a
GSoC proposal are in the making (I'll let Vijaya ellaborate on the
ideas).

I believe Vijaya is an outstanding candidate and look forward to working
with them.  Plese join me in giving a warm welcome!

In CC: Attila, who might co-mentor a GSoC project.

-pukkamustard

Vijaya Anand <sunrockers8@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am Vijaya Anand, a mathematics undergraduate studying in IITK, India. I am interested in the topics distributed systems and
> cryptography and have been self-reading on these topics a lot recently. I wanted to participate in GSoC this summer and while
> browsing some interesting organizations, I came across guix and the project 'Decentralized Substitute Distribution' sparked my
> interest a lot. I have recently been interacting with pukkamustard, who is mentoring this project, and got to know a handful about this
> project and how we can distribute substitutes using any p2p network using ERIS. This project matched my interests and I'm very
> excited to work on this. Hoping to interact with the community and contribute to guix!
>
> Thank you
> Vijaya Anand

* Re: Hello Guix!
@ 2023-03-25  0:44   ` Vijaya Anand