unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Additional system fonts - Feature request/help request
@ 2019-04-27 15:52 John Soo
From: John Soo @ 2019-04-27 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel

Hi Guix!

I have been looking into a different TTY font both for fancy glyphs and
unicode support.  I also looked into kmscon for keybindings and additional
fonts, too. I like being able to specify a console font as a service. I
can't use Tamzen, for instance, though, since the console font directory is
only pointing to the store location for the kbd package's fonts (I found
that under man setfont).  Similarly, for kmscon, trying to provide an
additional font for the service fails because no system fonts are
configured for the system profile.  I would like to be able to:
 - provide extra user defined fonts as part of the operating system
configuration, or
 - somehow be able to use more fonts than those that come with kbd and
 - Be able to configure additional fonts for kmscon

How would that be done?

Thanks!

John